Cary Audio SLP-05 question..

Options

Comments

• Reagan
    Reagan Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm not sure if the newer models have this design flaw corrected. I don't use headphones much but would like to plug the Cardas connector directly without using an additional (cheaper) adapter. They may have corrected this on the newer models. I remember hearing of someone that had Cary replace the faceplate with a newer one with larger diameter access hole.
    Speakers: Polk 1.2TL w/VR3 mods and Dreadnaught interconnects
    Amplification: ARC Reference 110 w/KT150s; Cary Audio SLP-05 w/Ultimate Upgrade
    Vinyl: VPI HW19 MK III (Heavily Modded); Origin Live Silver Tonearm; Hana ML Cart; Pete Riggle VTAF; VPI TNT Platter; SAMA; Iphono3
    Digital: Aurender N100H; Benchmark DAC1
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    Options
    My Salamander rack was delivered today, my wife went out the front door, and there it was, tracking still says tomorrow..
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,276
    Options
    My tube dac came 2 days early, and it was supposed to be signed for, but there it was on my front steps. If had been raining and I wasn't home it would have been ruined.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Stories of "Stupid Delivery Acts" could be a whole new discussion.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Magic bottles that convert electricity into good sound.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    OH Man, that is a good looking group!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    Bottled distortion ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    OH Man, that is a good looking group!

I feel like I really got lucky getting all 16 of those with exact matching date codes, should be fun, looking forward to Thursday!!😎

• pitdogg2
    Options
    It was meant to be.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    wanna unload the stock EH tubes for cheap? I've been running my all-tube rig 24/7 lately and roll tubes on the weekend when "listening" (Actually, 24/7 from Thursday to Sun)

F-up, IKR?

I just sprung for another octet of KT-120s for the Rogue M180 Darks . . . dude in Ohio has 'em for about $40 per KT

Obviously, I'm referring to the EH 6SN7s (although they make for good back-ups) ya might wanna keep 'em B)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Dang Glenn let him light those EH bottles on fire first. Might want to hear the progression....
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • GlennDog
    Options
    I know. Sometimes I cannot resist. But, some folk don't want to Dilly Dally with Stock or everyday lameness.

Establishing a baseline of where your instrument/gear shine is highly recommended. Carry on!

See what I did there?

Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    OUT FOR DELIVERY!!! :)
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    That Black 05 has got to be one of the BEST looking pieces of gear I've ever seen, bar none B)

Needin some pics pretty quick ;)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    I bet that sounds boxy

Exciting stuff!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,001
    Options
    That’s all?? A picture of some boxes?? I want my money back!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Now do what I do when near gear arrives, let it sit untouched in it's boxes for a week to marinade in it's own juices.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    It's been 2 hours and 35 minutes already. WTF is taking so long!!!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • GlennDog
    Options
    just wait til ya roll 'mo betta 6SN7s, and sweet recti and that umbilical B)
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    So the first thing I noticed is they did away with the dimples on the power supply..

pjowmhwpg8k7.jpeg

She is a beautiful piece of gear, I have wanted one for sooo long it’s hard to believe I have my hands on one. I am in awe..

c0e249or4g2u.jpeg
    d554hlwlvqzy.jpeg
    o4x8azr6j1rb.jpeg
    pats3tpujh2i.jpeg

• Toolfan66
    Options
    She won’t be making any music today unfortunately, I will take my time getting everything set up how I want it..
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    I'm interested in how those Mono's handle the SDA's, I've had one of the 2 channel versions in my sights for a while now. You're the only owner I know of that is going to be hooking them up the SRS's.
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    I was going to comment on the missing parts, but obviously those are for a stereo version using one box...and you went mono.

What's that monolith-looking thing in the middle of each channel?
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • Clipdat
    Options
    "So the first thing I noticed is they did away with the dimples on the power supply.."

What does this mean?
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,001
    Options
    That is really,really purdy! Congratulations
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    What, no Alexa!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk