Unable to connect Polk Magnifi Mini to Google Home

Hi all !
I'm a french customer of the Polk Magnifi Mini soundbard and I'm not able to connect it to Google Home app. What is the process ?

Here is my issue:
- I'm adding a new device to Google Home, it detects the soundbar.
- Then it connects to the soundbar, and just after, there is always the same message (when my phone switch from the local Wifi to the soundbar wifi):
Here is the screenshot: "A problem happened. The application cancelled the device selection demand".
v6oxi605443j.jpg

What should I do to solve this ?
Many thanks.

Comments

• stalex
    stalex Posts: 2
    Nobody please ?
  • Hello,
    I suggest sending an email message to: kim.jasper@soundunited.com and explain the situation. He will be available next week.
  • Hi! I'm having a similar issue. Did you fix it?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    John peach reported for spam
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Why did you flag my reply as spam - it was a link to Google Support showing the fix:

As a follow up for those with the same issue, I just fixed it and thought I'd share.

You'll need to be comfortable side loading APK files

1. Uninstall the current Home app you have installed

2. Download a much older version of the Home app from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-home/google-home-1-30-43-11-release/google-home-1-30-43-11-android-apk-download/download/

3. Install the newly downloaded APK from the link above. You may need to allow installation from sources other than the Play Store

4. Pair the speaker in this old version. This worked perfectly for me without any hitches. The process is slightly different because of the older UI but pretty self explanatory.

5. Update your Home app back to the latest version via the Play Store.

6. The speaker will remain paired and will work as expected!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    JohnPeach1 wrote: »
    Why did you flag my reply as spam - it was a link to Google Support showing the fix

Sorry dude, but when someone shows up and makes their first post as a hyperlink, 99/100 times it’s spam, and we get a LOT of it. Thanks for sharing the solution!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59 wrote: »
    Sorry dude, but when someone shows up and makes their first post as a hyperlink, 99/100 times it’s spam, and we get a LOT of it. Thanks for sharing the solution!

Not a problem - I just got my first Magnifi and spent about a week trying to get it connected to my wifi......
  • Cro
    Cro Posts: 1
    I have a simple solution to this problem.

I fixed this problem by plugging the soundbar directly into the router with an ethernet cord. Then I started the Google Home app on my phone and it set up the speaker immediately with no problems.

I wish I had tried that sooner than I did. I spent hours trying other solutions before using the ethernet port occurred to me.
  • Tried this but didn't work for me.

I s there any other solutions I can try?
  • Send an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com and explain what you've tried.