Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Very Nice !! I'm slightly jealous....

Ok maybe a lot jealous 😁

I have talked about this for over a year, put money away to do something like this, and it was still hard to get myself to pull the trigger, funny when it's for the house, or something the wife want's I don't trip about it, but a big purchase for myself and I feel weird about it, but I am super exited about it at the same time...

You deserve it Larry, light up brother
    😁😁

Thanks, kind of what the wife was saying as well, for the last couple days when I would talk about it, she is like just do it. 😀
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Yolo!

Congrats!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited November 2021
    Yolo!

That’s what I keep telling myself... but my wife reminds me... you don’t come back either if you keep buying these equipment.

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • VR3
    If you buy right... Just a savings account that plays music and can even earn you dividends!! And substantial losses!)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    What gives you more enjoyment in life? Hoarding money? Or the audio bliss once you find it?

I have friends who don't understand why I spent so much money on stereo equipment ( which isn't really that much) and then I ask them why they spend $60,000 on a diesel truck or that much or more on a fishing boat?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Toolfan66
    edited November 2021
    Just added a new Salamander Rack to house this new gear, as the rack I have will not work.. B)
    Hopefully I will get notice of shipping in the next day or two, since I have the ultimate upgrade I would guess this will delay it some..
    I haven't been this excited in a few years about my system..
  • Toolfan66
    Have any of you used this cable? Worth the $400 price tag??

Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference 8-pin, for Cary.

hjw6ekwx04zq.png
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Jesse and GlennDog both have used them for gear and spoke highly of them.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited November 2021
    First off, great cable!
    My 1st purchase went without a hitch. Great cable on my Cary98. Loved it so much that when I upgraded to the 05, I had to get another, longer cable.

That purchase took A. Long. Time. to get delivered.
    You must look at this thread, as it seems typical of RAL these days.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/issues-with-revelation-audio-labs/14178/12

YMMV

Again, Great Cable! It made an immediate improvement, prior to burn-in.

You might wanna seek used, but they rarely come up FS.
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    Yeah when I picked mine up I purchased a tri Vista that had the cables and then sold the tri Vista. The reviews of the company scared me from a direct purchase
  • Toolfan66
    GlennDog wrote: »
    First off, great cable!
    My 1st purchase went without a hitch. Great cable on my Cary98. Loved it so much that when I upgraded to the 05, I had to get another, longer cable.

That purchase took A. Long. Time. to get delivered.
    You must look at this thread, as it seems typical of RAL these days.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/issues-with-revelation-audio-labs/14178/12

YMMV

Again, Great Cable! It made an immediate improvement, prior to burn-in.

You might wanna seek used, but they rarely come up FS.

WOW!!! Thanks for that INFO!!! That is horrible...

• Toolfan66
    Was just told my Cary gear will ship tomorrow!! Super excited!!
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    Was just told my Cary gear will ship tomorrow!! Super excited!!

I'll bet, some great gear there.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Congrats, Larry! I have sig's turned off if you have it listed...what will Cary be kicking to the curb (GFP-750?)?
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Toolfan66
    JayCee wrote: »
    Congrats, Larry! I have sig's turned off if you have it listed...what will Cary be kicking to the curb (GFP-750?)?

Cary will be replacing my Wyred4Sound gear, Pre STP-SE, and a pair of Amps SX-1000

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    go big or go home bro...that's an awesome upgrade
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Toolfan66

Yeah I thought Jesse had talked highly about them before, but I’m thinking for the Pass Labs not the Cary if memory serves me right..

Where is Jesse??

• Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548

Yeah I thought Jesse had talked highly about them before, but I’m thinking for the Pass Labs not the Cary if memory serves me right..

Where is Jesse??

Pass Labs? That was Ray.
  • GlennDog
    me thinks that was Nooshin and the RAL Pass pre combo
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Toolfan66
    Malbec wrote: »

Where is Jesse??

Pass Labs? That was Ray.
    me thinks that was Nooshin and the RAL Pass pre combo

Yeah, I think both of you are right. What ever happen to Ray?
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2021
    Looks like Ray's last time logging into CP was 3 Oct. Over the summer he was active on Audiophile Style in typical DarqueKnight fashion. His latest "when I become more dedicate to audio" thesis was on external DAC clocks and, also, their respective cables.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • pitdogg2
    Sorry man I thought Jesse had one between the power suppy and main unit. I was thinking a MF something or another. I blame it on the lude's 😉

Seems pricey, a little problematic to get but well worth the results on a number of items it seems.

Raife steps in from time to time, been months since I last seen a post by him.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Congrats on the purchase Larry. The RAL cable is a worthwhile update. The Pope 6sn7's made the best bang for the buck upgrade for me. I have lots of 6sn7 tubes to play with if you want to play down the road. enjoy.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I don't recall any issues getting my RAL cables and mine were a custom order as I didn't like the purple coverings. Even if you have to wait they are well worth it. Amazing really.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    Congrats on the purchase Larry. The RAL cable is a worthwhile update. The Pope 6sn7's made the best bang for the buck upgrade for me. I have lots of 6sn7 tubes to play with if you want to play down the road. enjoy.

Thanks, looks like trying to land Pope tubes can be difficult to say the least and this unit takes 8 of them. I assume that was quite the hit on the wallet..

And absolutely I would be interested, let me play with this for a few, and we will talk, thanks for the offer..
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    WagnerRC wrote: »

Thanks, looks like trying to land Pope tubes can be difficult to say the least and this unit takes 8 of them. I assume that was quite the hit on the wallet..

And absolutely I would be interested, let me play with this for a few, and we will talk, thanks for the offer..

Larry, I'm sure owners will chime in, but I don't think you have roll all of the 6SN7's to achieve great sound. Something to do with using Balanced or SE cabling, if I'm not mistaken.

The Octal Tube sound is outstanding B)

• pitdogg2
    Or the headphone side, Two 6SN7 tubes are used there.
  • GlennDog
    Here ya go . . . (a screen shot from The ‘gon)

zw2pedes1qyq.png

When do they get delivered??
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Toolfan66
    Here ya go . . . (a screen shot from The ‘gon)

When do they get delivered??

Should be sometime next week, they are waiting on the face plates for the amps..

Thank you for that info!!! :-)

• Toolfan66
    Brad said he has a cable ready to ship, looks like I have one headed my way.. B) I doubt I will put it in right away, I would like to listen to it for a while, and hear the difference later down the line..