ABBA is Back!

Voyage is their 9th studio album, and though not their best, there is some good music there. I know not everyone's cup of tea, but I must admit that I have missed their unique sound. I wish they would have done more over the past 40 years...
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    I agree, I grew up with ABBA and always liked their unique sound...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    They make good hair products.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    YABBA DABBA ABBA DOO
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Checking this album out. Pretty good so far.
    I was way late in first hearing ABBA, but it's hard not to like them. They're not embarrassing themselves with this album so far.

I realize that in my notes above I'm trying to play it cool, but eff it, I like ABBA. There. I said it. I like this album, too.
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Thanks for that... nice to know I am not alone here... B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    That makes 3 of us...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • msg
    edited November 2021
    Hey are we all still on for that trip to Niagara Falls together?
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    msg wrote: »
    Hey are we still on for that trip to Niagara Falls together?
    How about London and a trip to the hologram concert they are having next year?

• msg
    That sounds like a real thing.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    I did just watch this a few months ago. It was pretty silly overall, but it has the ABBA chicks in it.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075617/
    uy8mg7t1dkyj.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    msg wrote: »
    That sounds like a real thing.
    It is....