Replacing the Focal Kanta 2

Options
13»

Comments

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,787
    Options
    Joey, Have you hear the Olympica Nova V's? I know this is for the secondary system and I'm not sure what size room they're going to be in, but I MUCH prefered the heft of sound from the Novas to the Amators. Not bloatiness, just weight when needed.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    xsmi wrote: »
    Joey, Have you hear the Olympica Nova V's? I know this is for the secondary system and I'm not sure what size room they're going to be in, but I MUCH prefered the heft of sound from the Novas to the Amators. Not bloatiness, just weight when needed.

I have the O3... you heard both?? The amator max and the nova v?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,787
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

Yes. They have them at Paragon Sound in Ann Arbor Michigan. I am a huge SF fan and wish I could afford the Il Cremonese.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options

Yes. They have them at Paragon Sound in Ann Arbor Michigan. I am a huge SF fan and wish I could afford the Il Cremonese.

You’re lucky.

I would love to hear the max
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    Man,

don't use guys have a Earl Shibe by you?
    zo8sgm50kpb0.jpeg
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options

Paragon has a generous reimbursement program for out-of-towners who visit their store (I'm sure a purchase is necessary)

So Joey,
    if your visiting the midwest or Ann Arbor (near me) . . . Drag those Kantas up here and I'll take 'em off your hands!!
    I dig the Baby Blue B)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    edited November 2021
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    So Joey,
    if your visiting the midwest or Ann Arbor (near me) . . . Drag those Kantas up here and I'll take 'em off your hands!!
    I dig the Baby Blue B)

You just have a good lead on black paint. Don't you.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    You just have a good lead on black paint. Don't you.

I've been outed!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12