Amp/ AVR for RTi10

2»

Comments

• Thanks for your response rooftop. NAD amps are more powerful than Yamaha. And since you're suggesting taking out the sound from NAD using the pre outs, question: output signal from the pre outs, is it processed or raw unprocessed signal?
    And I will assume the only job of emotiva or any other power amp is just to provide more current so more power to drive the speakers? Is that correct?

In that scenario - just for my understanding - if I take pre outs from my Yamaha versus my NAD would there be any difference in sound quality?
    Apologies for the noob questions, still learning from the experts
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    snorkel4u wrote: »
    Thanks for your response rooftop. NAD amps are more powerful than Yamaha. And since you're suggesting taking out the sound from NAD using the pre outs, question: output signal from the pre outs, is it processed or raw unprocessed signal?
    And I will assume the only job of emotiva or any other power amp is just to provide more current so more power to drive the speakers? Is that correct?

In that scenario - just for my understanding - if I take pre outs from my Yamaha versus my NAD would there be any difference in sound quality?
    Apologies for the noob questions, still learning from the experts

The sound is processed and then sent to the amplifier to…amplify the speakers 😂. Sorry to be a smartass. The processor makes a difference - that nad will sound better than the Yamaha. But try them and see! If you can’t tell a difference then sell the Nad and have more money for the sub!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer