What will the audiophile section of heaven be like?

From Copper Issue 148

Heaven
F R O M T H E S W E E T S P O T
Written by Andy Schaub

What will the audiophile section of heaven be like?
You’ll have an endless supply of Black Gate capacitors of all types and values.1.
Quads will always go low, play loudly, and never fail.2.
All tubes are NOS Telefunken and they will never die.3.
All FETs will be soldered in place by Nelson Pass, on loan from Earth.4.
Cartridges will set their own VTAs.5.
All DACs are R-2R designs.6.
All transformers are made by angels.7.
Cables do not matter, ever; but they are all really big and expensive.8.
There is no feedback.9.
Record cleaning fluid flows from a natural fountain, works flawlessly, tastes like The Macallan 25, and is totally organic.
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,592
    Gonna look like this -- but the bobsled team conga line will be much, much longer*

c8o449nh25lz.png

B)

or, to build off of @SeleniumFalcon's (and Charles Rodrigues') perspective ;)

qtjz52r4eixx.png
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,627
    I'll never know.
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2021
    ... and I hope that Al got high-res when he got to audiophile heaven...

8332unsbnfqq.png

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Like PolkFest. Every day.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,354
    Can't say what heaven will look like, but I am certain the road to hell is lined with Bose Acoustimas cubes...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • I think a lot of folks are going to be disappointed.
    Not common knowledge but God has a fondness and preference for 8-track. 😳
    It's said that He gets a kick out of the Ker-Chunk.
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2021
    erowox0pb2yc.png

Man, Oh Manischewitz!
    Looks like a phalanx of... are those A80s? :o
    Whatever they are, they look intimidating.
    (in a good way)

EDIT: Oh, and I just noticed Papa down at the end of the line after I posted...
  • I believe they are all A80 decks, collected in China.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,056
    Can't say what heaven will look like, but I am certain the road to hell is lined with Bose Acoustimas cubes...

and "amazing" PC speakers.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,123
    We know the angels will be playing horns, but the question is: Altec Lansing, or Klipsch? o:)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    jdjohn wrote: »
    We know the angels will be playing horns, but the question is: Altec Lansing, or Klipsch? o:)

Klipsch in heaven?

hu1wdoxoeypn.png
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,275
    I'm sure it's going to be all Engelbert Humperdinck on JVC systems...
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,567
    More Far Side: welcome to Heaven, here’s your harp. Welcome to Hell, here’s your accordion.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,163
    I think it will be a place that the greats will be hanging around and talking about audio products. There will be rooms to go into that form into your dream system and room configuration. It will be a history of your path in audio replay systems and a path you didn't get to finish.

It will be a level of comfort that deepens your understanding.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2021
    mantis wrote: »
    I think it will be a place that the greats will be hanging around and talking about audio products. There will be rooms to go into that form into your dream system and room configuration. It will be a history of your path in audio replay systems and a path you didn't get to finish.

It will be a level of comfort that deepens your understanding.

They couldn't get Bongo* to trade in his street duds for the white robe, though...

9kc56j7t8ee0.png

_________
    * i.e., The late, great James Bongiorno, of Dynaco, SAE, GAS, Sumo, and Spread Spectrum Technologies fame. He was a character and he was responsible for some pretty serious hifi gear in his time on this terrestrial globe.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,354
    Screw audio gear in Heaven... I am taking in all the live performances I can get.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,884
    0tlnkk8dtq6f.png
    That's 3 lifetimes worth of music 24/7.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Supposed to be 30,000 records, all Mantovani. Just kidding on the Mantovani part.
    I remember, several years ago, my wife and I went to this person's house answering an advert for "records for sale, good condition". After driving for 45 minutes we found the house and were ushered into this medium sized room that had all four walls floor to ceiling covered in record shelves. "Bingo!", I thought. This is it, "The Mother Lode"! I kept searching for the London Blue Backs, RCA Living Stereos, Mercury Living Presence. The guy must have had every Lawrence Welk, Mantovani, Ray Conniff, Bert Kaempfert, 101 Strings, James Last (my dad was a big James Last fan) Jackie Gleason and Percy Faith record ever printed. Nothing wrong with any of it, all fine musicians who had made well crafted music, but just not what I was interested in.
  • mhardy6647
    30,000 Mantovani records. That would be some folks' definition of H-E-double-hockey sticks. :#
    ... or maybe it was just the title to the B-side of this Harry Chapin classic...

https://youtu.be/OGldNpngDws
  • pitdogg2
    Man I had to look up that Jackie Gleason stuff....
    Incredible!! I never knew.
  • mhardy6647
    Jackie Gleason's stuff was music for 1950s married couples to reproduce to. Extremely slow tempos; really syrupy stuff. Although The Great One was a trumpet player, I am not sure he really had much if anything to do with the recordings bearing his name(?).
  • pitdogg2
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Jackie Gleason's stuff was music for 1950s married couples to reproduce to. Extremely slow tempos; really syrupy stuff. Although The Great One was a trumpet player, I am not sure he really had much if anything to do with the recordings bearing his name(?).

I do not doubt you on the music. Although when I researched the music side I found all kinds of stuff I had never known about the man.
    Incredible life.
    He was much much more than the Honeymooners and smoky and the bandit.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,690
    edited November 2021
    Look for "The Honeymooners" on YouTube, golden era TV, he was brilliant. It's the prototype of the Simpsons, Family Guy, Flintstones and many others.
    Also the incomparable Art Carney.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,123
    The guy must have had every Lawrence Welk, Mantovani, Ray Conniff, Bert Kaempfert, 101 Strings, James Last (my dad was a big James Last fan) Jackie Gleason and Percy Faith record ever printed.
    Probably some Lester Lanin and Ferrante & Teicher in there as well. There were a lot of all of those in my dad's collection, along with many, many box sets from Reader's Digest, Time-Life, etc.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • I saw Ferrante & Teicher in concert at University of MD way back when.
  • There's a European company who produces high quality master tape copies called Horsch House and they have made arrangements with Mantovani's daughter to release some of her father's tapes on reel to reel.