FS: Polk Audio LC65i In-wall speakers (pair) - $160

Up for sale is a pair of Polk Audio LC65i in-wall speakers. These are new open box speakers that have been tested in new condition and fully functional. These speakers come with all the original packaging except one of the cardboard mounting templates. I have included multiple photos to document condition and what is included. I had plans on using these for rear surrounds but ended up going another way. Please contact me with any questions.
Looking to get $160 for these plus actual shipping costs which I estimate to be $30 depending on zip code. These will be shipped from 97003 (Beaverton, Oregon).

Product Highlights:
frequency response 45-26,000 Hz (-3dB)
1" swivel-mount Ring Radiator tweeter
6-1/2" Dynamic Balance woofer
handles up to 125 watts
sensitivity 90 dB
4-ohm impedance
Power Port technology
wall distance toggle switch and tweeter level switch
paintable white matte grilles
durable, moisture-resistant construction
cutout: 7-1/4"W x 12-3/4"H
mounting depth: 2-3/4"
adzvq4uiffiq.jpg
ymuj7ulbsyxk.jpg
8nw2g59yy08o.jpg
0puftdbmt0iy.jpg
b5w3zna3g1et.jpg
2 Channel
Pre:Bryston BP173
Amp:Bryston 14B3
Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
Display: Sony XBR85Z9G

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I've worked with them for the time when the LSI series was new. They are a excellent match for the LSI line. Great for Surrounds or Surround back Channels.

Nice price easy sale as far as I see it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Dang it! Where were these 6 months ago! :'(

Was thinking of going in-wall to replace the LSi-7’s I have for front L/R in our HT.

Great deal here!
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    scubalab wrote: »
    Dang it! Where were these 6 months ago! :'(

Was thinking of going in-wall to replace the LSi-7’s I have for front L/R in our HT.

Great deal here!

Sorry! I always seem to have the worst timing :)
    2 Channel
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI

Home Theater
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    How old are these, generally? Would they be a decent match for LSIM? I noticed the sensitivity is a little higher, 90.

Thanks !
  • sgmsmg
    As far as age goes I don't know for sure but this model has been discontinued for quite some time. I would say they are probably around 7 years old but I have hooked them up and tested them. I had the ceiling mounted version of these in my last house for over 8 years without issue. Plenty of people on this forum are running polk speakers that are over 20 years old. Not sure if they show up in the photos but you might be able to have Polk look up the serial numbers to get an exact age.

These were made to timbre match the previous LSi series so like you pointed out they are slightly different than the LSiM. However they market the LS in-wall/ceiling series to be timbre matched to the LSi and LSiM so I don't see that these would not match as well. Especially if you are using them in surround locations.
    2 Channel

Home Theater
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    SGMS, thanks for your detailed response. I didn't mean to ask exactly how old this set was, just the general vintage of this line as the model number didn't sound familiar; although I haven't paid too close attention to in-wall in-ceiling type speakers. Okay, let me think about it, I have a set in the wall now but are a model with the silver RT type tweeter and appear to be close enough in size that they may be direct drop in replacements for these. Thanks!
  • sgmsmg
    @Rich502
    No problem. I just wanted to make sure I answered your questions :)
    2 Channel

Home Theater
  • sgmsmg
    These have been SOLD elsewhere.
    Thank you.
    2 Channel

Home Theater