Anti diffraction rings (for tweeters)

1235»

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    I actually have a whole bunch of little doughnuts I cut in the waste. Half inch OD with a quarter in id

kpkmfhooqnq7.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    My grille pegs are about 0.488" in dia. but perhaps they will stretch. I'd be willing to put some testing time in on those if you could enclose 4 of them with my next order :D
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    edited March 2021
    Here's another example. Looks like open cell foam. M&K K17 "Titanium" Speaker.

1tpr4ppqicpr.jpg

https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_2/mk-k-series-vk-sub-4-2002.html

ker1v0hy5x7d.jpg

George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    edited March 2021
    VR3 wrote: »
    I actually have a whole bunch of little doughnuts I cut in the waste. Half inch OD with a quarter in id

kpkmfhooqnq7.jpg

Those may be and improvement over the factory dome backing pads on the Peerless silks and RD0 silks. I found a couple of them detached when I opened them up.

The M&K tweeter looks like a sticky dome.😁
    Post edited by xschop on
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • The little donuts felts are not scrap, they look like anti vibration pads, or isolation washers! Turn waste into $$

I would like to get a set of these felt pads for my 2.3tl's please. Also, if you have some left, a dozen or 2 of the scrap felt donuts.

I hate to cover up these beautiful billet tweeter plates, but if it results in better sound, then let it be.
  • VR3
    Have an updated design for the RD0198/194 (horizontal and vertical)

6s1iyx8otme8.jpg
    q3zyz63748u8.jpg

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I meant to chime in earlier on but life kept getting in the way.

Do NOT use Velcro to stick these onto your baffle. It defeats the purpose. While it may be better? Just do not do it. Get the 3M damage free hanging pads. This insures no space between the baffle and the diffuser.

UPC 51131-85124

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Yes, that is technically the "hook" part of velcro, otherwise know as hook and loop.

But definitely best way to go as it's easy to remove in future
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited October 2021
    Speakin’ ‘o chimin’ in…
    Trey: I’m very sorry for not posting MUCH sooner
    l9fu84oulyad.jpeg
    j1u955csitar.jpeg

RTi A7 & CSi A6 WITH Trey’s diffraction pads. At the moment, held in place w/Velcro & the grill pegs.

Enjoy! Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Yes, that is technically the "hook" part of velcro, otherwise know as hook and loop.

CHIT! NO!. This is NOT what I was referring to. NO VELCRO. Just 3M sticky 2 sided stuff.

Damned 3M UPC codes... NO velcro!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Sebas75
    Sebas75 Posts: 2
    edited March 2022

Hello VR3,

I have a question. I made big speakers. but I made a mistake with the front face of my tw29DN tweeter (29 dome) .
    The tweeter are not flush with the baffle, in fact on the right side it is proud by about 5mm
    So for the aesthetic side and to limit the diffraction. I am looking for a square or ring of anti-diffraction foam 15 cm by 15 cm, not necessarily very thick. the star or circle center need not be close to the dome like the picture 1.
    kinda like in this photo.
    8qimhxpbtctc.jpg

b3o6uqbw39ju.jpg

do you have something like this? if so at what price?
    I am French

Cordially

sebastian
  • Sebas75
    Sebas75 Posts: 2

Hello,

do you think the 2.5" hole is big enough for the dome of the tw29dn?
    if so, I'll take the star-shaped one.
    for the width I see that the second is 5x5, I would rather need 6,5×6,5. but if it's complicated I would take 5x5.
    Sebastian