Monitor 11's Left or Right Identification

I just picked up a pair of Monitor 11's and have enjoyed listening to them. I have recently found out through the forum threads that the speakers apparently have a right and left designation. Looking on the back of mine, I see a shadow of a missing sticker above the wire connectors that probably held that information.
Question: Is there a way to tell which speaker is supposed to be the right or left designee by looking at the crossover or something inside the speaker cabinet? Thanks for any help.

Best Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    Answer ✓
    Yes, remove one of the mid-drivers and look for some acoustic foam under it. In the left speaker the foam will be under the right mid-driver and under the left driver of the right speaker, IIRC. That said, the foam will be rotted by now, it may have even fallen down inside the cabinet, so you may only see the glue residue. Either way, it's best to replace the foam.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Answer ✓
    outlaw53 wrote: »
    Thanks so much. I checked the left speaker and there was foam under the right mid-range as you stated. It's also in great condition. I will mark the little white stickers L and R to keep them straight. My next step is recapping them. Any suggestions on good caps that will fit on that crossover? Or do I need to open a new comment line?

http://www.soniccraft.com/
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk

Answers