A "legendary" offer for forum members only

Options

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,484
    Options
    Ok, spill it! What are the selling for? Not in the market right now, but curious.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,964
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Ok, spill it! What are the selling for? Not in the market right now, but curious.

That wouldn't be cool.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,133
    Options
    Not in the market, but what an awesome gesture from Polk. I look forward to reading the reviews from those of you who took advantage of this great offer.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Great offer! If I didn’t already own amazing towers in both of my rigs this would be a done deal on the biggies !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    I have been a member of the Forum since June 2014, but owned Polk speakers since the late 80's.

Since I joined the Forum, I have to say this offer is the first genuine recognition and appreciation of the most loyal base of Polk Audio customers.

Thank you Polk Audio for the Polk Family.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    I kinda disagree with the above statement....Polk did a lot for the forum faithful back in the day.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,221
    Options
    I have to say I'm with Troy on this, pre sounds united Polk was all about the forum and its members
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,533
    Options
    "Since he joined" - key words here...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ambiophonics
    Options
    Has anybody heard the L-800s and SDA-2Bs and compared? I have fully modded SDA-2BTLs and want to get some feedback on how they might compare.
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • TroyD
    Options
    Hoping to hear back....was thinking I'd bag a pair of Legend bookshelves to raffle off at PF for the Githens Center....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TroyD
    Options
    Man, if (anyone is listening at Sound United) I could get a demo pair for Polkfest.....I'd cover shipping to and from.......and dozens of Polk faithful could get a solid demo of them.

Just saying....
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,465
    Options
    It would be interesting to know if this is all filled up with the 50 people yet. If I hadn't just bought the R600's, like a month ago, I would have been all over this...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,673
    edited September 2021
    Options
    NVM, misread the prior post...
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Anyone wanna purchase my custom 1.2tl’s?? I would need the room..😎

Price and what's custom?
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 606
    edited September 2021
    Options
    7qc31n6sbcfq.jpg
    I believe that these are Larry's customs. They do have the Midas touch...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,756
    Options
    rebelsoul wrote: »

Price and what's custom?

Top of the line EVERYTHING !!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,964
    Options
    jschmelzle wrote: »
    @ambiophonics Polk has continued to refine the SDA technology as well as driver components and materials. While the stereo benefits of a L800 and something like a SDA-2B are similar, there's two decades of advancements behind the L800.

In short, the L800 is the most advanced speaker that Polk has ever created.

Odd first post.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    rebelsoul wrote: »

Price and what's custom?

The Minions are stock.
    Sal Palooza
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,105
    Options
    Has anybody heard the L-800s and SDA-2Bs and compared? I have fully modded SDA-2BTLs and want to get some feedback on how they might compare.

I'm interested in these opinions/comments, too . . . Following!

AND

Generous offerings! TIA
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,756
    edited September 2021
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    @ambiophonics Polk has continued to refine the SDA technology as well as driver components and materials. While the stereo benefits of a L800 and something like a SDA-2B are similar, there's two decades of advancements behind the L800.

In short, the L800 is the most advanced speaker that Polk has ever created.

Odd first post.

I took it for Polk employee 🤷🏻‍♂️

Guess I should have read further 🤣
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,016
    Options
    I do have a code if all are spoken for, anyone on the forum can have it.
  • TroyD
    Options

Larry,

If you aren’t.....I would use it to purchase some Legend bookshelves to demo and raffle off at PolkFest if nobody else has spoken for it....but only if you aren’t going to use it.

• TroyD
    Options
    Looking forward to working with you @F1nut !

You say that now.....heh heh heh

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,016
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »

Larry,

If you aren’t.....I would use it to purchase some Legend bookshelves to demo and raffle off at PolkFest if nobody else has spoken for it....but only if you aren’t going to use it.

Sent you a PM..
  • simm
    simm Posts: 564
    Options
    Well, I just placed and order for the L800’s in walnut, a L400 in black, and for the heck of it ordered a pair of the L900’s. Now I have to try and sell off my LSiM setup.
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,345
    edited September 2021
    Options
    A nice gesture. I thought it was going to be a Polk Audio T-shirt for all forum members or something like that but I suppose does it better. I can't say I'm in the market, having a wife and bunch of kids to support still. I would go for a T-shirt though :) .
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    simm wrote: »
    Well, I just placed and order for the L800’s in walnut, a L400 in black, and for the heck of it ordered a pair of the L900’s. Now I have to try and sell off my LSiM setup.

Wow! Awesome!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,415
    edited September 2021
    Options
    The LSiM line still works fine with the Legend line for home theater, especially for surround duty, so may be little reason to get rid of them altogether as long as space is available. Dolby is going nuts with Atmos surround options for speakers these days.

I did decide to swap out my LSiM706C for the L400 though but mostly for looks. For sound quality the 706C would have been fine. The LSiM704C is too small to match with the L800s, IMHO.

I would say the L800s are the best speakers Polk has produced when straight from the factory. They can be bested for stereo use by 1.2TL or 2.3TL setups as long as those are heavily updated from the original versions. The no replacement for displacement thing. Maybe by the SRT mains too, but I've never heard those and haven't seen signs of those being upgraded with better internal parts. The L900 height modules really do work too.