Tube supplier and cross reference thread

2»

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    I just spoke to him. He’s been having problems for about the last 10 days . . . says his IT guy fixes it and some knuckleheads in Cyprus take it back down…

FWIW, He’ll be getting some Amperex 5AR4s in about a month.
    I’ll be checking back in with him to see what this barn find brings 😎
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    That has GOT to be aggravating for him. Thanks my man...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited September 2021
    GlennDog wrote: »
    I just spoke to him. He’s been having problems for about the last 10 days . . . says his IT guy fixes it and some knuckleheads in Cyprus take it back down…

FWIW, He’ll be getting some Amperex 5AR4s in about a month.
    I’ll be checking back in with him to see what this barn find brings 😎

Let me know @GlennDog when the 5ar4's pop up. I may be in the market as well depending on price.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Will do, Ivan 🤪
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Found a REALLY nice site with a plethora of tube information. Check out this cat's website. I ran across it a couple of days ago. He has a tube of the month that is overwhelming in it's content and information on tubes. When this cat goes into depth? He REALLY goes into depth on a particular tube.

His main website (be sure to save it) is this - http://deets.feedreader.com/vinylsavor.blogspot.com

When on that site, scroll down to the tube of the month link. It will send you here - http://deets.feedreader.com/vinylsavor.blogspot.com/2011%2F05%2Ftube-of-month-46.html

I was looking up information on 6SN7 tubes and the information this cat provides is spectacular and very informative. Check it out... http://vinylsavor.blogspot.com/2014/02/tube-of-month-6sn7.html?m=1

Happy reading!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    That guy makes some killer set amps with 4 chassis, he also owns a tube manufacturing facility called Elrog. Check out his tube equipment
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    In a blatant case of synchronicity ;) -- it just so happens that I referenced a few of Thomas' "Tubes of the Month" @ AA (not that AA -- the other one!) just last night.