Safely moving SDA's

It looks like a long-distance move may be in my future and I'm looking for advice on the best way to pack a pair of 2.3TL's and move them along with other belongings. I plan to JB weld the magnets and understand the need to have them on their backs when transporting. What other protection measures should I take and has anyone successfully found a way to box and/or bubble wrap them?
____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited August 2021
    I moved a few pairs of SDAs simply by standing them up straight up and strapping them to the side walls of a U-Haul truck so they wouldn't move and then leaned a mattress on them so nothing would fly into them when I was taking corners too quickly. No damages incurred. Also moved some by laying them down flat on a couple blankets in the back of an SUV. I had one pair shipped to me through freighters and craters standing upright on a pallet.

Making a plywood crate lined with insulation foam board seems to be one reliable way to go. Only need a portable circular saw and the materials to do that.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Making a plywood crate lined with insulation foam board seems to be one reliable way to go.
    ^ This ^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Where are you moving to?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    Put a jumper wire between the + and - binding posts of each speaker during transport. Reduces speaker driver motion. Keeps the drivers from flopping on their suspension.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Schurkey wrote: »
    Put a jumper wire between the + and - binding posts of each speaker during transport. Reduces speaker driver motion. Keeps the drivers from flopping on their suspension.

This is the first of me hearing this little trick..
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    When I U-Hauled my SDA SRS 2s 1800 miles, I pulled the drivers out so they could ride comfortably in the car. But when that's not practical, a jumper wire as described works wonders.

It's been posted on this forum before--which is probably where I learned about it.