Surround Bar 360 won't power on

Options
jcelliott4
jcelliott4 Posts: 3
edited March 2009 in Troubleshooting
I have had my Surround bar 360 for about two months and am having a problem. I just turned it on after it being off for a week and all it does is make a cyclic clicking noise form the speaker bar with now information displayed on the LED read out. The red LED does come one when turned off. I have checked the fuse, plugged/unplugged it, and toggled the Main AC switch on and off with the same result.

Any ideas?
Post edited by jcelliott4 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hello,
    Try removing the AC power cord from the control console and leave it unplugged fopr around 20 to 30 minutes. Re-connect and see if it is working.
    Regards, Ken
  • jcelliott4
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Turns out that this happenned to one other person. There was a overheating problem and the impedence from the speaker was shutting me down. Polk is taking care of me and sending a new one once the receive my return.
  • jcelliott4
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So I am back with more problems. I am on my second soundbar and third console. Tech Support has been great, but I am losing confidence in this product. Everything worked fine for a while and then last weekend the screen on my DLP started to jump around and I was getting some white spots on the screen. Shortly after, my DLP lost it's picture and now makes a loud whine like it is trying to turn and and can't. I think it is the color wheel, but I am not for sure.

I moved a call 19" LCDs I had into the setup and it worked at first but was still very jumpy with the white spots like before. I kept in eye on it and like with the DLP, I eventaully lost the picture. I shut everything down, unplugged it all and let it sit overnight. I got up this morning and there was still no picture. I did some more troubleshooting and it appears it is an HDMI problem. When I am running S-Video to the TV it works fine. As soon as I hook it up to HDMI and change the input on the TV, I get the intermittent, cyclic loss of sound that seems to be on the same frequency as a high pitched wine I hear from the TV. I switched out HDMI cables and it seemed to fix the problem, but as soon as I cycled the power the problem was back. Could there be something in the HDMI circuitry causing this? If there is a problem, do you think it could have fried my DLP? Thanks in advance for the help.

I do have this same info in to Tech Support again as well.
  • dubradio
    dubradio Posts: 181
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Through some investigation I have come up with some tests you may want to perform on isolating the particular problem.

1. What models are your televisions?
    2. Do you have any other HDMI capable devices, and if so have you tried connecting them to both of these televisions?
    3. If you have performed #2, does the distorted video still occur?
  • listercruz007
    Options
    I have same problem. Please let me know who have experienced and how it got resolved.
    I got a new one and it just shows up red light and when I turn on red led goes and its plain. No display and seems like unplugged. Help !

I cant go back to store as its closed due to pandemic effect. Help !