Magnifi Max - Red light in the morning

I have a Magnifi max. It is working OK. It only plays through optical, not ARC. But I have a 2021 Samsung Frame and I don't think many soundbars play nice with eARC.

But my issue is, every morning I am greeted with three white LED lights and a red light where the normal orange light is (see photo, it is more red than the photo shows).

5o9mxa77aqfh.jpg

If I unplug and plug the bar back in, the LED lights come on one by one, then the red light.

i have tried several resets and reconnects to Google Home, but each morning this happens.

Is it an issue with firmware?

7jih75zn6dha.jpg

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    It's Alexa...hint hint
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • joesephK
    joesephK Posts: 50
    Looks like it's failing a software update. I'd contact Polk and talk to them. They'll probably ask for MAC ID and what not to determine the issue
  • newcgeo
    newcgeo Posts: 3
    I got a response from support telling me 115 is out of date and the current firmware is 132. Sent me the link for the reset instructions. Wow helpful.

Is there a way to load the latest firmware on USB ti upgrade?

This is meant to be a consumer product not a techies fiddle toy.
  • newcgeo
    newcgeo Posts: 3
    Update: Andre from SoundUnited in Australia has been exceptional in customer support. after trying to do a firmware update with a USB (under Andre's instruction) I am exchanging for a replacement soundbar.