Polk Assist as part of Google Home speaker group

Hi All,

I have just received my Polk Assist smart Speaker. All is good as far as being a part of my Google Home "network" which consists of 3 Google nest Minis, one Chromecast, and a Google nest hub. The Polk controls my lights perfectly, so all is good there, and I appear to have successfully added the Polk to my speaker group. However, music refuses to play on the Polk when I cast the music to my "all speakers" group.

I am initiating the playing of the music via the Google Hub and music plays on all of the Nest Minis, the Hub and my Chromecast, just not the Polk.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Charles

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    I'll see if I can find an answer for you.
  • Thanks for that. It is annoying me very much.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    This problem is something Polk's engineers are aware of, nothing is wrong with your particular unit. They are checking with the designers to see if there is a workaround, if they discover something I will certainly let you know.
    I'm sorry I don't have better news for you.
  • Thank You for letting me know. it does rather make my purchase, if not *completely* useless in my home, certainly of much less use than I had hoped.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Buy a real stereo.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    Buy a real stereo.

Thanks for the insight, Champ, you're a credit to the forum.

Now how about you do something useful like go and play in the traffic?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    my Google Home "network" which consists of 3 Google nest Minis, one Chromecast, and a Google nest hub.
    LOL.....
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Has this had a resolution as I have the same issue.
  • Any love here from the engineers to help those of us who thought this would be a quality product to use in a garage? One of these works and one does not. Help!
  • If you could give me some more details about what is happening I can ask for suggestions from a friend who works at Polk.
  • Has anyone found a resolution for this? The speaker was advertised as Works with Google Home but this seems to show that it partially functions with Google Home.

To the person who asked for some details: The speaker is successfully added to the Google Home and responds to OK, Google commands. It can play music via streaming services and perform the features of a smart home speaker in the Google ecosystem.

When added to a Google Home speaker group, all other non-Polk Assist speakers play the audio assigned to be played in that group. That audio might come from a broadcast, from streaming Spotify or Youtube Music, SiriusXM, TuneIn, etc. The Polk Assist devices do not work in a Google Home speaker group. They remain silent and looking at them within the Google Home app shows "Not playing" when the other devices in the group are indeed playing.