Can't get sound bar to work.

I bought this sound bar from Dish. The installer couldn't get the unit to work with the HDMI cable so he hooked it up using that little single wire. I didn't know this until I tried to install a firestick. I plugged the HDMI cable into all of the TV HDMI connectors and no sound just shuts off the TV speakers.
First what is that little wire for and where does it hook into the TV?
How can I get the HDMI to work?

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,453
    It sounds as though your TV doesn't have an HDMI output, only HDMI inputs (if you can tell us the make and model number of your TV we could check). In all likelihood the installer used the Toslink digital connection. It is probably best to reconnect the Toslink digital connection. If this was a recent installation can you contact Dish them to return for help?
  • pw91686
    pw91686 Posts: 8
    did you try an optical cable?
    and yeah, if using hdmi, make sure it is the hdmi OUT on tv
    Just a dude who loves audio.
  • joesephK
    joesephK Posts: 50
    HDMI port on the TV must be labeled “ARC” for the sound bar to get sound from the TV

You want to make sure you’re connecting to the “Arc” port on the sound bar as well
  • flynnie
    flynnie Posts: 1
    My Sigma2 sound bar won’t work using the optical cable. I tried two different optical cables both glow red but the sound bar is silent. I turned the sound setting on my LG tv to optical but get nothing. Is there some way to turn it on on the sound bar or is it automatic.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,453
    It should be automatic. Give Polk a call at: 1-800-377-7655 and they can help.
  • hackman55
    hackman55 Posts: 17
    It's been about a year, but last I saw the Polk sound bar Dish sells doesn't have an HDMI port. They generally connect via optical cable.