3 lb brisket $153 or $50 per pound

Options
marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,873
Would you pay for this?fbek5b9f56em.jpg
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    No. Nor would I eat it.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Looks yummy, but I'm not a meat snob, so, no.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    I cry when a brisket gets close to $40. :'(
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    That $153 would pay for my gas and hunting license, beer snacks. In turn hang at the hunting shack for a week and in turn fill the freezer with venison and fish.

I would not purchase that Brisket. The most ever paid for a beef brisket was $75 and it was 6.5 lbs.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the Wagyu beef. To me that meat is way too fatty. I guess some folks like to cook and eat fat, I'm not one of them.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    If it's actually Wagyu (it's not), that's about 1/3rd market price for the lowest grades of Wagyu.

FYI, there's no real restrictions on what can be called Wagyu but even then, low grade Wagyu is still about $150 a pound. A5 grade which is what Kobe beef is, costs several hundred to over 1000 bucks a pound if the cow's pedigree can be proven.

That is most likely regular old Black Angus beef raised in the Wagyu style so it can be labeled as Wagyu here. Which isn't bad because Black Angus cows have been bred specifically for the quality of the meat which can rival that of the 4 main breeds of cow raised for Wagyu. It's just not real Wagyu.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Them Japanese don't know what awesome is. Veileson is the best! I don't hunt on my property but when beef gets too expensive or the world goes to hell in a hand basket, all I need is a hand full of corn and a claw hammer and I'll have venison for dinner!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
    ^Have you tried that weaponry with elk?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    maxward wrote: »

Battle hammer!
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the Wagyu beef. To me that meat is way too fatty. I guess some folks like to cook and eat fat, I'm not one of them.

I agree wholeheartedly.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    maxward wrote: »

I don't have elk on my property anymore since my stupid neighbor built a fence blocking their natural migratory path. But if I could get them convinced it was okay to eat corn out of my hands...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Much of what is being pushed as Waygu really isn't......and for a brisket, it's pointless anyway. Marbling in brisket isn't all that important......put this way, I could do a no-roll brisket and that Waygu brisket and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,553
    Options
    I dove into Wagyu this last year. Its over rated if you ask me. No..... I would not pay that much for a brisket. I think it has more to do with how you smoke/ cook it. I actually have a few dry aged wagyu steaks in the freezer. I honestly don't think they are worth the extra cost over say a prime grade steak.

But to each thier own. If you like it..... buy it.