Salted Peanuts - addicting

BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
Made the mistake of buying two big jars of salted peanuts today. I opened the first jar 45 minutes ago, and have ate half of it. Now I remember why I stopped eating peanuts. I guess I will stick with beer. At least beer gives a nice buzz.
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Peanuts are great......only 150 calories a serving

At least they were till you finish the bag in one seating and realize it was 16 servings.
  • BlueFox
    Yes. Exactly. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited June 2021
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    I'm now stuck on Trader Joe's Blister Peanuts for supper every other night. Have to pour a little condiment bowl for portion control though or I'd eat more than twice that much every time!
    #bestpeanutsever
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Nothing like a bag of salty nuts eh??!!
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    At the Mexican mercado stores, they have peanuts coated with a chili and lime powder...muy bueno!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • BlueFox
    I bought two big jars Tuesday. I finished both before I went to bed. I didn't eat anything Wednesday, and I'm not yet hungry today (Thursday).

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    CGTIII wrote: »
    Have to pour a little condiment bowl for portion control though…
    Yup! Any small bowl will do, and has the added advantage of giving everyone their own “portion” within easy reach.

Apart from portion control, surely peanuts 🥜 are healthier than a lot of other snack options? 🤔

The bowl method also works with chips! 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited June 2021
    Schweddy's Salty Nuts.... get 'em by the sack!!!!
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,135
    edited June 2021
    Kex wrote: »
    CGTIII wrote: »
    Have to pour a little condiment bowl for portion control though…
    Yup! Any small bowl will do, and has the added advantage of giving everyone their own “portion” within easy reach.

Apart from portion control, surely peanuts 🥜 are healthier than a lot of other snack options? 🤔

The bowl method also works with chips! 😂

I think they are healthier in general. Dangers are lots of calories in a short amount of time as you know. Also sodium since most people get way too much sodium and too little potassium. It's the ratio that is important for blood pressure really. I don't know if everyone knows that if you have chronic inflammation of any kind they can be a problem because of the Omega 6 content. Most people these days get way too much Omega 6 and way too little Omega 3. Macadamia Nuts are pretty much not a problem except for $$$. Other decent ones are hazlenuts (filberts), pistachios, almonds. I could go through a whole bag of those salted roasted smokehouse almonds in minutes ( :# ).
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Portion Control ? Ben and Jerry's Pint = 3 servings. Never! Ha ha !!!!

To stay on topic, I go to Five Guys Burgers more for the free peanuts than the burgers.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Get the shelled ones so you burn calories while crushing them open.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Hard to beat good old Lance roasted salted peanuts in the skinny pack.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • mhardy6647
    Get the shelled ones so you burn calories while crushing them open.

Or just eat 'em shells and all. Kinda salty, but surprisingly satisfying. Best of all are the looks one gets from innocent bystanders. :)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    They are great for your Heart. I like still in the shell peanuts.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Yep salted in the shell peanuts are the best and better for you than those sodium packed ones in the jar.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • BlueFox
    I agree. Unfortunately, the store I shop at doesn’t carry the bags of in-shell peanuts. Of course it doesn’t matter since I am not ever buying/eating peanuts again. I am still ‘flushing’ peanuts from my system. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Please no pics, we don't care this ever happened... :s

Have a good weekend, Bud :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Next week: "Salted Corn - Addicting"
  • mhardy6647
    ""Salt: boon or bane?"
    Inquiring minds want to know...

:)

• jdjohn
    Any boiled peanut fans here? Not the ones from a can, but the ones you buy off the side of the road in GA.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Any boiled peanut fans here? Not the ones from a can, but the ones you buy off the side of the road in GA.

It's a thing in Virginia and NC, too.
    I can't say I've ever knowing eaten any, but I remember seeing signs for 'em all over the place in those two states when going down to Greensboro to visit relatives way back when.

• jdjohn
    They boil them in super-salty water, sometimes adding spices as well, so they are always well-seasoned...but also slimy.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    jdjohn wrote: »

Used to go to FSU football games and one of the guys in our group is a peanut farmer and would bring bags of boiled peanuts. They were great.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I pewpd a payday bar after doing that
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Salted peanuts are good, but any love for Corn Nuts ?
    Like manna from Heaven.

md5ufdf0q0f7.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Try these. ;)
    di6r4v5ule5n.jpeg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!