Polk Legend line now on sale

Options
Emlyn
Emlyn Posts: 4,369
edited June 2021 in Speakers
All models. $1K off a pair of the L800. This is Crutchfield, but all the main approved online retailers have them discounted too.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_700L800BA/Polk-Audio-Legend-L800-Black-Ash.html?tp=185

Yep, I ordered a pair to get the SDA back in my life. I decided to get the Atmos modules too but not sure if I'll use them for home theater yet or not.

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Congratulations and hope you love them!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Awesome man!!

I've never been able to get past this "weight: 118 lbs. each"
    as I have no friends to help me. :#

...what if I moved everything out of studio #1 and hired someone...
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    hand trucks!

Congrats!!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    I wonder if this is the first of a series of cuts over the next year or two, or if it's more of a one time seasonal sale?

Either way, always fun getting new speakers!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Emlyn
    edited June 2021
    Options
    It’s a little surprising seeing a sale on things like this these days. A Toyota dealer near me that was known for routinely knocking a few grand off their new vehicles is currently marking up their Tacoma and Tundra trucks by $10 to $15 thousand bucks over sticker.

My guess is it may be related to releasing the Reserve line and noting the price difference with Legend being pretty high. Or it’s simply to move stock. Polk has always discounted after a while.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    edited June 2021
    Options
    One of the guys posting a review is running them with monoblocks. I thought you couldn't do that?
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    Awesome man!!

I've never been able to get past this "weight: 118 lbs. each"
    as I have no friends to help me. :#

...what if I moved everything out of studio #1 and hired someone...

Get past 118lbs?? I wouldn’t ever consider a tower under 100lbs a side again! That’s a saving grace on L800’s to me but still a tad on the light side! Still think they’re a great design and will do great most anywhere you plop them babies down!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    One of the guys posting a review is running them with monoblocks. I thought you couldn't do that?

Standard mono blocks are ok. Fully balanced differential amps are not
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    Polk advertises this as a Father's Day sale, so it may go away after the 20th.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Emlyn
    Options
    xsmi wrote: »
    Polk advertises this as a Father's Day sale, so it may go away after the 20th.

True. The messaging seems to indicate this is a short time deal.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    Options
    nice fathers' day gifts :)

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    nice fathers' day gifts :)

Ha, last time I asked for electronics for fathers day I got a chuckle, a new BBQ set and apron, stuck in the backyard in TX 95 degree heat 75% humidity, over a hot grill...W T H is that all about

Try buying your wife a new washer dryer, or a vacuum cleaner for mothers day and see how that works out

This equality crud is BS

Haha laughing my arse off! First, I love new bbq gear! And second, I bought my wife a dishwasher for her birthday this year and she was very happy as the old one sucked donkey nuts…and one kid loads and the others unload the dishwasher…

But yea, if I asked for speakers I would at best get a hearty laugh…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited June 2021
    Options
    It was all in jest, I have a wonderful wife, we're the practical type that buys the house stuff for gifts and holidays.
    ...but seems like fathers day we get to cook, mothers day we cater.

My wife's ex-husband bought his new wife after 5yrs of marriage one of those silver spacey looking warm up suits for her birthday, unknowingly... :o:o:o sis boom bah,I could hear the explosions from my house :D:D:D
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ooh! I (ahem, Mrs. H and I) have two kids -- I could ask each one to get me one R200 for Fathers' Day...
    yeah, that's the ticket...

• mhardy6647
    Options
    PS Yeah, I do know the "R" series ain't on sale :)
    No reason that kids should cheap out on their dads, is there?
    B)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    It was all in jest, I have a wonderful wife, we're the practical type that buys the house stuff for gifts and holidays.

My wife's ex-husband bought his new wife after 5yrs of marriage one of those silver spacey looking warm up suits for her birthday, unknowingly... :o:o:o sis boom bah,I could hear the explosions from my house :D:D:D

Haha wait what is the silver suit?!? Is that like from a Christmas vacation?!?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Haha wait what is the silver suit?!? Is that like from a Christmas vacation?!?

Think weight watchers...
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    My wife's ex-husband bought his new wife ...

21st Century genealogy!? ;):#

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    Options
    Congratulations! Nice of them to arrive in time for the weekend. 😜
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    My wife's ex-husband bought his new wife ...

21st Century genealogy!? ;):#

I like this version better! 🤪 😂
    ...My wife's ex-husband bought his new wife after 5yrs of marriage...

Alea jacta est!
  • Emlyn
    Options
    With the exception of the old SRT system’s main speakers these may be the most solid Polk speakers ever. Fit and finish is outstanding for the cost. The SDA cable and binding posts are even good quality.

I did not know there is a top grille on these since every video I have seen online showed them without it. They do have top grilles too. With the Atmos module installed got to make sure nobody sets anything on top of them.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Congrats! Can't wait to hear your impressions after burn-in
  • Emlyn
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Thanks. I have a feeling those 10 inch woofers may take quite a while to settle in. First one is set up. The packaging for protection during shipping and ease of removal on these is first rate.
    Post edited by Emlyn on
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Let's see some pics numbnuts!
    :D:D:D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Congrats, look forward to your review.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Don't for get the MG 1.7 pics :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a