Welton speakers????

2»

Comments

• charlesdean2002
    charlesdean2002 Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Goes to show how trolls and the general person thinks huh? All the replies on my comment was focused on the phrase finger nails on a Chalkboard . Childish mature and typical of what drama queens are doing now. Nothing positive was noticed in the thread just that one negative setup word Scratching. Is it people just can not think ? Or refuse to and go for the fad of being as stupid as you can?
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    edited June 2012
    "Childish mature"? You do mean childish immature right? And I was not aware that drama queens now like to speak the truth about cheap white van speakers. I know nobody likes to hear their baby be called ugly. But for you to sign up on a forum like this just to complain that many others think your baby is ugly. That seems childish and immature imo. And you have to admit.....using the words fingernails on a chalkboard together never denotes anything in a positive light.

ALL that matters is that YOU like your speakers....right? Scratch on bro!
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Cool the hate Talk people. I think they are ok for cheap speakers . I have had jbl 150s L300s , Infinity Refs , and they all sounded great , I have the welton ps27-1s in my shop , got them for $50.00 and they sound pretty good . My hearing is not as good as when I was younger ie I can hear up to 8k and used to hear up to 18k but that is normal for 56 years old . As long as I can feel the bass, I am happy. I saw the replacement price for the 15" woofers and laughed ( $45.00 ) so for a really cheap system , they aren't bad. I am working on a set of JBL Old kit speakers and am about to go broke buying drivers. Bullet tweeters , 15" woofers Horn/lenses ,LE5-2 studio mids. Whew ! So for my shop, the weltons are great for the money .
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Somehow I think they got over the "hate speech" 3 years ago. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • The people on here that are talking trash about the welton pro studio speakers have clearly never heard them play. These are far from being a white van speaker. I've got my set that's a little over 15 years old and they still sound just as good the day I bought them. Dual 15in subs in each tower nice mid speaker sound and good clarity in the horn. The sound is excellent and the bass sounds awesome and rattles the neighbors windows.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Sweet. Glad you like em. Bye
    Randy/Maine
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    edited September 2019
    Wow - these speakers have quite a following, albeit intermittent. Every 3-4 years someone chimes in on how much they like them...

Equally at home in the finest living room, or the vomit-stained frat house. Oooh, and real wood veneer!

48yg3dybvl1f.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    I guess some people really like that "PA system sound".
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I guess some people really like that "PA system sound".

hey... watch it there, bub!

B)

48315102407_769060669d_b.jpgDSC_5909 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

;)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
  • mike052
    mike052 Posts: 1
    I have been reading this site for years and enjoy it each time I do . It's my go to to find out the true from the not true about vintage equipment. But I think the guy was asking for help I'm not sure what happened but it got ugly quick!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Never heard of em
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!