Soooooo....

mrbiron
mrbiron Posts: 5,711
what do I need to do to offend the powers that be that gets me banned? I feel that that is the Viking funeral that I have been looking for.

I’ve been thinking about the best way to leave this forum, in a blaze of glory, or just fade away, but there are so many of you that I respect.

I’m torn. Maybe a poll?

Thoughts.
Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I’d hate to see you go as I enjoy your humor. With that being the case, I bet you’d make hilarious if you opted for “out in a blaze of glory.”🤣🤣
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    One more thing...what kind of beer you got in your fridge right now...

I like beer too :)

Pics?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Yeah, take a break if you need. Come back when and if you're ready. Try to avoid burning the bridge. You may want to access old posts or get in contact with someone, so may want your account someday.
  • txcoastal1
    edited May 2021
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I’d hate to see you go as I enjoy your humor. With that being the case, I bet you’d make hilarious if you opted for “out in a blaze of glory.”🤣🤣

Shut up Paul he doesn't need any encouragement for a Blaze of Glory...

https://media.giphy.com/media/PPNwEG6yaANPy/giphy.gif
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Posting while drinking again, eh!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    Who me... :)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    I think he means Mr. Boron.

And the movie "Blades of Glory" is a fun watch.
    Also, it has Jenna Fischer in one of her most.....watchable.....roles.
    {beads of sweat forming on forehead}

Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Who me... :)

Nein
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    What the heck is going on in here?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I don't mean this disrespectfully towards whoever put the work into this refreshed forum they thought we needed but it's horrible. Why can't you see who started a thread and the last person to post in it as well as dates and times? I can deal with the rest of the things I don't care for but that is the big offender for me.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Put down the pint glass for awhile Frederique
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I don't mean this disrespectfully towards whoever put the work into this refreshed forum they thought we needed but it's horrible. Why can't you see who started a thread and the last person to post in it as well as dates and times? I can deal with the rest of the things I don't care for but that is the big offender for me.

What I don't understand is how whoever at Polk who claims ownership of the forum can sit by and not correct the numerous issues people complain about. If my websites which I maintain for work received this much negative feedback, I would be personally embarrassed to have my name and reputation attached to a sub standard site. Call me crazy.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    How can you leave, I'm still around
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066

I had that problem too. I found it is not a problem with the software (Vanilla).

I use Firefox and I zoomed in and out with ctl- and ctl+ and all of a sudden the names and dates appeared.

So it has something to do with display settings on your computer/laptop. I can't remember if the names and dates appear on iPhone and iPad. I'll have to look next time I use them.

@mrbiron, please don't leave, you will be out in the wilderness with @afterburnt.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    I think he means Mr. Boron

Hey, that was spell checks goof not mine.
    😳

Sal Palooza
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,893
    edited May 2021
    Correct, @BlueBirdMusic.

The zoom level is the ONLY thing that determines whether that information is displayed or not. Also determines whether Quick Links show in the right hand column, or pushed to the bottom of the screen (scrolling to the bottom required). This has been posted multiple times in various threads.

So, even on a phone, you can get the information to display, but because of the zoom level, the text will be tiny. That’s where the problem arises. If an iPad (or other tablet) is big enough, it won’t be a problem since the screen is big enough to display like a laptop in landscape orientation. This all depends on a person’s eyesight and what level of zoom they are comfortable with for the size of the text.
    Alea jacta est!
  • txcoastal1

I had that problem too. I found it is not a problem with the software (Vanilla).

I use Firefox and I zoomed in and out with ctl- and ctl+ and all of a sudden the names and dates appeared.

So it has something to do with display settings on your computer/laptop. I can't remember if the names and dates appear on iPhone and iPad. I'll have to look next time I use them.

@mrbiron, please don't leave, you will be out in the wilderness with @afterburnt.

I think Josh is referring to mobile

Hey Josh, hope things are well!!

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    mrbiron wrote: »
    what do I need to do to offend the powers that be that gets me banned? I feel that that is the Viking funeral that I have been looking for.

I’ve been thinking about the best way to leave this forum, in a blaze of glory, or just fade away, but there are so many of you that I respect.

I’m torn. Maybe a poll?

Thoughts.

My thoughts....find someone else to buy some good weed from, apparently the one your using now is mixing in some oregano or some other stuff blocking good judgement. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    You can't leave, Mark. The day after, someone would want to buy all your dvds, and then where would you be?

Besides, then who would I buy stuff from that arrived with explicit delivery instructions to chuck the package onto my roof? Made me laugh every time that happened. FedEx really delivers.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrbiron
    Wow...uh...sorry guys. :D

This might have been a drinking post.
    Most likely was a drunk post. Didn’t even know I wrote it until now when I finally noticed I had a bunch of unread notifications to this post.

I do feel this place isn’t the same. Maybe I’ll just take a nap.

:p
  • mrbiron
    F1nut wrote: »
    Posting while drinking again, eh!?!

Yup. :D

• mrbiron
    Oh riiiiight!!!!

I had a bunch of Gin&Tonics and washed those down with a couple mudslides.

It’s all coming back to me. I had just drove 3 hours to Truro, on the outer cape, and came to the realization is was going to rain all weekend. So I got upset...and drunk.

Eh...it happens... :D
  • mrbiron
    edited June 2021
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    One more thing...what kind of beer you got in your fridge right now...

I like beer too :)

Pics?
    I’ll grab a photo later. I’ve got a bunch of stuff, but have been trying to consume less beer and more liquors. I got the Covid-15 and my pants are fitting a little tighter than usual.

I just went back and checked my photos from “the 28th” and remembered making a mudslide with peanut butter whiskey. It was delicious. Anyone coming to mass any time soon. I’ll make you one....five. 🤷🏼‍♂️

g1cuxaddpog7.jpeg

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Well heck, there's your problem right there....Peanut Butter whiskey ?? ...and it's half empty ?

Dude, you need to up your game to some quality hooch, that stuff will having you seeing things you don't want to see. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    tonyb wrote: »
    Well heck, there's your problem right there....Peanut Butter whiskey ?? ...and it's half empty ?

Dude, you need to up your game to some quality hooch, that stuff will having you seeing things you don't want to see. :)
    Someone else brought it with the hopes of the bottle emptying itself over the long weekend. He took home the balance.

It’s not very good, straight. Far too sweet.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Someone else brought it with the hopes of the bottle emptying itself over the long weekend. He took home the balance.

That never works out the way the re-gifter intends.

How else does one end up with 3 handles of Absolut vodka in one day?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Malbec wrote: »
    Put down the pint glass for awhile Frederique

I want to tickle Frederiques taint