D1000.1 - 2 speaker outputs question

Hi there - new to the forum! But alas, I can't find an answer to a burning question I have about my PA D100.1 amp.

If I have one SVC 4ohm subwoofer, and hook it up to the negative of one speaker output, and the positive of the other (so the outside two terminals), will this effectively parallel the 4ohm into 2ohm? Thereby generating 800w RMS output from the amp?

Thanks!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Pastor
    Pastor Posts: 5
    Ahh right, thanks for the clarification! What about if I have two DVC subs at 4ohm, each wired separately into each speaker output? What impedence would the amp produce then?
  • Pastor
    edited May 2019
    According to the manual:

"The Polk Audio PA D1000.1 amplifier offers two positive and two negative output terminals for ease of connecting the speakers to the amplifier . Since this is a mono amplifier, connections are wired in paralleled internally. The amplifier is stable to 1 Ohm."

So just need to clarify the effect of this on the ohm's produced.

Cheers :)
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited May 2019
    Pastor wrote: »
    According to the manual:

"The Polk Audio PA D1000.1 amplifier offers two positive and two negative output terminals for ease of connecting the speakers to the amplifier . Since this is a mono amplifier, connections are wired in paralleled internally. The amplifier is stable to 1 Ohm."

So just need to clarify the effect of this on the ohm's produced.

Cheers :)

Sure thing bud.

Easier to explain via a picture than words.

vyw9iarsk6rj.png

Basically you will daisy chain the positive to positive and negative to negative.

With dual 4 ohm subs wired in parallel it will be a 1 ohm load to the amp.

***Be careful when putting that amp in 1 ohm, chances are it will get HOT and could go into thermal protection.

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Pastor
    Thanks Cody! Any chance you can decipher the wiring scheme for this Hertz HX300D?

czroo6sa2cqn.png

I have the wires going to the outside terminals as suggested for 2ohm parallel wiring, then straight into one pair of speaker outputs on the pad1000.1 amp. Not sure it’s correct though
  • Pastor
    Ahhh no, just saw my mistake. Wires meant to jump from the inside positve to outside positive, then into amp? Same for negative?

So currently I'm running at 8ohm?! haha
  • Hey everyone.. I have a PA D1000.1 and 2
    MM1 1042.

What is the best way to wire it?? Also does it matter where I wire it to the amp to bridge it??
  • pw91686
    pw91686 Posts: 8
    red to red, black to black.
    then run a wire from one red terminal to the positive on amp. and a wire from black terminal to the negative on the amp.
    just use either speaker side on the amp.
    the only reason that amp has 2 speaker inputs is if you want to wire 2 speakers to the amp without wiring the speakers together. its just for convenience. its basically just a single input if that makes sense.
    Just a dude who loves audio.
  • Jammin06Ion
    Jammin06Ion Posts: 16
    Pastor wrote: »
    According to the manual:

Did I read this correctly? Would that mean I would run my dual-4ohm voice coil sub off the 4 speaker leads and let the amp do the parallel work? The Alpine Type-S subs come with a bridging wire to connect the voice coil terminals into a 2-ohm load. I figured I just had to do what Apline says then wire it to just one positive and one negative on the amp. Am I wrong here? I've got the new PA-D1000.1 amp AND the new Apline S-W10D4 sub but haven't had a chance to install them yet. Too much rain here, and working too much, but it WILL get done in the next week or so.

But after reading your comment I'm a bit confused on how exactly to wire this sub. By the way, in 45 years of messing with car audio in every car I've ever owned, this is my FIRST 10" sub, AND it's my FIRST time running a single sub instead of a pair!
    Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X704 head unit, McLaren MDSP-15 sound processor, Eclipse PA5422 4-ch to full range, Cadence Q75T tweeters in parallel with Pioneer TS-A1686R up front, Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters in parallel with Pioneer TS-A6990F in back, Polk Audio PA-D1000.1 driving a single Alpine S-W10D4 sub in Belva box, all in 2006 Saturn Ion.
  • Jammin06Ion
    Jammin06Ion Posts: 16
    Apparently I'm not the only one confused by Polk Audio's lack of better explanations in their manuals.

What bothers me is that it's kind of hard to run TWO speaker wires from a DVC sub in a box to the amp because the sub enclosure only has one pair of terminals. I'd have to drill a hole in the box and run a second speaker wire? Doesn't sound right. I'd call Polk Audio but after reading about all the nightmares of their poor customer service, I'd probably figure all this out before anyone ever answered their tech line. I might have to call Crutchfield or Sonic.
    Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X704 head unit, McLaren MDSP-15 sound processor, Eclipse PA5422 4-ch to full range, Cadence Q75T tweeters in parallel with Pioneer TS-A1686R up front, Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters in parallel with Pioneer TS-A6990F in back, Polk Audio PA-D1000.1 driving a single Alpine S-W10D4 sub in Belva box, all in 2006 Saturn Ion.