D1000.1 - 2 speaker outputs question

Hi there - new to the forum! But alas, I can't find an answer to a burning question I have about my PA D100.1 amp.

If I have one SVC 4ohm subwoofer, and hook it up to the negative of one speaker output, and the positive of the other (so the outside two terminals), will this effectively parallel the 4ohm into 2ohm? Thereby generating 800w RMS output from the amp?

Thanks!!

Best Answer

Answers

• PastorPastor Posts: 5
    Ahh right, thanks for the clarification! What about if I have two DVC subs at 4ohm, each wired separately into each speaker output? What impedence would the amp produce then?
    edited May 7
    According to the manual:

"The Polk Audio PA D1000.1 amplifier offers two positive and two negative output terminals for ease of connecting the speakers to the amplifier . Since this is a mono amplifier, connections are wired in paralleled internally. The amplifier is stable to 1 Ohm."

So just need to clarify the effect of this on the ohm's produced.

Cheers :)
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,522
    edited May 7
    Pastor wrote: »
    According to the manual:

"The Polk Audio PA D1000.1 amplifier offers two positive and two negative output terminals for ease of connecting the speakers to the amplifier . Since this is a mono amplifier, connections are wired in paralleled internally. The amplifier is stable to 1 Ohm."

So just need to clarify the effect of this on the ohm's produced.

Cheers :)

Sure thing bud.

Easier to explain via a picture than words.

vyw9iarsk6rj.png

Basically you will daisy chain the positive to positive and negative to negative.

With dual 4 ohm subs wired in parallel it will be a 1 ohm load to the amp.

***Be careful when putting that amp in 1 ohm, chances are it will get HOT and could go into thermal protection.

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
    Thanks Cody! Any chance you can decipher the wiring scheme for this Hertz HX300D?

czroo6sa2cqn.png

I have the wires going to the outside terminals as suggested for 2ohm parallel wiring, then straight into one pair of speaker outputs on the pad1000.1 amp. Not sure it’s correct though
    Ahhh no, just saw my mistake. Wires meant to jump from the inside positve to outside positive, then into amp? Same for negative?

So currently I'm running at 8ohm?! haha