This format is horrible

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    It's good to see the ignore list works fine.

ruh-roh. :neutral:

On the other hand, it is probably very nice to be able to ignore folks for a change!
    Someone please tell @SeleniumFalcon I said that, 'k?

:blush:
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    And what is up with the"Leave Comment" broken up 5 times???
    :(:(:(

z1d6w3mhiife.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    audioluvr wrote: »
    And what is up with the"Leave Comment" broken up 5 times???
    :(:(:(
    That’s not how it appears on my iPhone (even if I zoom in to 125% — didn’t try any bigger than that), so maybe it’s only an Android issue? 🤔

Maybe some others with Android could mention if they are experiencing the same thing.

iriayt6auhwz.jpeg

Alea jacta est!
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    This must be part of that new show,”WHO WANTS TO BE A WEB DESIGNER?” I heard it’s going to be a hit!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    A comment done on my iPad.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    This lifted my spirits, mrbigbluelight thanks!!!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited April 2021
    Haven't been hanging around the forum simply because I can't stand the atrocious design.

If that makes me sound like a whiny bitϲh, then so be it. Hate the look and layout.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    edited April 2021
    This format is horrendous on a full screen computer and I can only imagine how much worse it must be on a smartphone. Chances are quite good that I'll never venture there to find out.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    halo71 wrote: »
    And if they would please get rid of that "Howdy Stranger" before you sign in. That would be nice! Was hoping that would go away from the last time. With the "new upgrade" this time.

I think something involving farm animals would be more inclusive and unifying

h3nn8h8xfcc3.jpg

That's something we can all get behind. 🐷

Well, at least Russ could for sure. :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Y'all **** and **** everytime the forum changes yet you keep coming back again and again !!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    decal wrote: »
    Y'all **** and **** everytime the forum changes yet you keep coming back again and again !!!!!

What you bitching about :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    warren wrote: »
    Who ever changed this format, and can read must be, of Masochism and sadism are both about the enjoyment of pain. Masochism refers to the enjoyment of experiencing pain while sadism refers to the enjoyment of inflicting pain on someone else.

For those interested in where (how) masochism got its name. :#
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_von_Sacher-Masoch
    (N.B. may not be suitable for all family members)
    The Wikipedia entry didnt really explain why that guy's name was used to come up the term Masochism. I was expecting a story one how he would pay peons in the olden days to whip him, or something to that effect. Perhaps I missed a link?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Who ever changed this format, and can read must be, of Masochism and sadism are both about the enjoyment of pain. Masochism refers to the enjoyment of experiencing pain while sadism refers to the enjoyment of inflicting pain on someone else.

The Wikipedia entry didnt really explain why that guy's name was used to come up the term Masochism. I was expecting a story one how he would pay peons in the olden days to whip him, or something to that effect. Perhaps I missed a link?

He had an interesting relationship with a woman who was not his wife -- chronicled (at least sort of, it's said) in a book he wrote called Venus in Furs.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    decal wrote: »

While I’ve neither ****ed or ****ed, I’d have to disagree. We lost several members after the last changeover and it seems as though we are losing some this time as well.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    kevhed72 wrote: »

He had an interesting relationship with a woman who was not his wife -- chronicled (at least sort of, it's said) in a book he wrote called Venus in Furs.

Venus in Furs ?
    Hey, I think I saw a video of that online, where a stepmom goes shopping for a coat and gets stuck in a coat rack at Kmart and gets extracted by ..... Yeah, I think that was it. I'll double check.
    Sal Palooza
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    @CarlJacobson_POLK

With this newer version of Vanilla, is it possible to prevent non-members (someone not logged in) from viewing the classified section and the Misc. Deals of the day thread? Those should be just for members, yet it shows up in a google search and can be viewed by everyone. It wasn't possible with Vanilla version 1, but was possible on the forum pre-Vanilla.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Does this vanilla use real vanilla beans? LOL
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Does this vanilla use real vanilla beans? LOL

Well you know that it's artifially flavored vanilla
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Guess the meeting got cancelled.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    It appears they fixed the giant smiley face icon bug. Making progress in baby steps. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    BlueFox wrote: »
    It appears they fixed the giant smiley face icon bug. Making progress in baby steps. :)

I actually liked them.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    On a positive note, and not sure if this has already been mentioned, but the 'Save Draft' function seems to work now.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Our badges are back also. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Towards the bottom of the comments page, just above and slightly to the right of the avatar pic are the hidden words "More Comments". Clicking on that area of void will allow you to advance to the next page of comments.

THIS STILL REMAINS THE WORST FORMAT IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET. ONE WOULD THINK SOMEONE WITH HALF A BRAIN AT SOUND UNITED WOULD REALIZE WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT IT IS TO THEIR BRAND AND FIX/REPLACE IT.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nex
    Nex Posts: 36
    The content is not worth the trouble.