Ordering a box - L800

I just purchased an open box/demo unit from a dealer and they don’t have the box. Does Polk sell boxes for their gear?

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Used to. I called in once several years ago to see about ordering a box and packing materials for, I think, some LSiMs or something. I want to say it was something like $75 for the box and packing for some LSiM702s?
    I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    tjcinnamon wrote: »
    I just purchased an open box/demo unit from a dealer and they don’t have the box. Does Polk sell boxes for their gear?

I see you're still at only 2 posts. Who did you pi$$ off?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288

How are you liking the 800's so far?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tjcinnamon
    tjcinnamon Posts: 97
    erniejade wrote: »

How are you liking the 800's so far?
    I didn't pick them up yet. The dealer needed to order a center. When that gets in, I'll make the 5 hour trek up to pick them up.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    If it’s an authorized dealer maybe see if they can get boxes and packing materials for you from Polk if they are available and ship them along with the center speaker. Part of getting a good deal though is getting them without boxes and wrapping them up for transport yourself.