Polk SDA 2b's For Sale

I bought these last summer with intentions of doing a complete overhaul, but have decided to move in another direction. And, I have come to the realization that I really do not have a good spot/room to enjoy these classic speakers. Cosmetically I would rate them a 7/10. The left speaker has a very, very faint ring on the top, probably from a drink being set on it. The side panels were loose, so I removed them, removed the old adhesive and reattached them with PowerGrab. They are completely stock accept for the tweeters which I replaced with RD0 194's. I have the original interconnect cable for them. I did purchase a pair of Gimpod boards from Dave (westmassguy) to be used for the crossover rebuild. I will include these with the speakers for a price of $400. If you do not want the Gimpod boards the price will be $325 and I will sell the boards separately. These are for pickup only. I am in zip code 60914, approx 50 miles south of Chicago. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    Great looking Polks!
    Someone is gonna get a heck of a deal...
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    edited January 2021
    that's a lot of speaker for the $$$.
    GLWTS!

P.S.
    12 hour drive for me....
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    SIHAB wrote: »
    that's a lot of speaker for the $$$.
    GLWTS!

P.S.
    12 hour drive for me....

12 hours is nothing. You can do that in your sleep. I would even throw in a pot of coffee.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Good luck with the sale nice price on those 2B's.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Faustin
    Another weekend, another bump. I also found some Sonic Barrier and Dynamat in stock that I forgot I had that I will throw in as well.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Surprised these are still here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Faustin
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    edited March 2021
    I have never owned SDAs and things are opening up with the Big Rona. All my family is still up there. What are the Gimpod boards used for anyways?
  • vulcan
    vulcan Posts: 86
    I will take the Gimpod boards. PM sent. Thanks.
    SDA 1C (wood)- Vr3 crossovers/ Gimpod board's, Larry's rings, RDO194 tweeters, Dynamat. Updated terminal cup and binding posts. Custom IC by Vr3 with Neutrik connectors. SDA 2B(studio)- SonicCraft crossovers(TL mod), RD0-198 tweeters. Hurricane nuts, DynaMat and JB Weld.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    What are the Gimpod boards used for anyways?

You strap them on your feet and slide down a snowy mountain silly...

Darnitt...and now they are gone!
  • Faustin
    Gimpod boards are sold. New price for the 2b's is $300.
  • Faustin
  • Faustin
    Another day another bump.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Had a set these when I first started out and loved them! Great price too ! Wow
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 560
    I've been trying to sell mine for quite awhile as well. What gives??!! Did the SDA fall out of favor all of the sudden?
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    The problem is people who love them have no room for yet another pair and the rest of the world want tiny little Bose speakers.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Location, location, location! Nothing good ever seems to turn up around here.
  • Could these be driven ok with 60watts at least till I can upgrade my amp? I currently have a B&K AV1260.
  • I’ve spent the last month trying to convince mamma we need these SDAs. Lol
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Could these be driven ok with 60watts at least till I can upgrade my amp? I currently have a B&K AV1260.

Yes, just don't turn it up to 11.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Could these be driven ok with 60watts at least till I can upgrade my amp? I currently have a B&K AV1260.

I have a set of these that I have powered them with multiple receivers and amps.

My set is very similar to these, I don't know there age off hand but it amazes me every time I utilize them, they sound
    really really good.

A few weeks ago, I set them up, used a Pioneer SX 950, good sound.
    Then popped in a cheap "wanna be" tube amp, more good sound.

Then for giggles and grins, popped in a Parasound amp. To this day I am shocked how good these puppies sound with some juice behind them.

• Faustin
  • dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 560
    Congrats! Now....who wants SRS2s?
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables
  • Faustin
    Mark these as sold! Still in the Polk family.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Congratulations! Great speakers!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Congrats on the sale, Bruce. Sweet pair of 2Bs!

Congrats oldschlpolkie, on a great deal! You're really going to enjoy these.