MTM

Options
smglbrth
smglbrth Posts: 1,460
I've always wondered why Polk didn't do more with the D'Appolito design. One reason I've always stuck with my 8t's is because of the wonderful midrange. The 11t's I had were the same. I know the Lsi had it, the LSIM (sort of) and the RTA 15tl's but never another true MTM design besides the RTA towers. I've had other Polk's but nothing could match the midrange warmth. Who knows, maybe I'm off my rocker and just thinking out loud, or just old...
Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    edited April 2021
    Options
    You may be off your rocker but I do love the sound of my 11t's as well. ;)

Edit: Why are the emoji's so freaking big? Reminds me of the stay puft marshmellow man on Ghost Busters...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    edited April 2021
    Options
    not all mtm arrays are D'Appolito designs. it's rather expensive to do a true D'Appolito design, in fact if you have to replace one of the mid bass drivers you might as well replace both at the same time as they need to have tight specs as a pair.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156