New proud owner of RT3000ps

ChrisD06
ChrisD06 Posts: 883
I got them, I finally got them.
Week of saving, 5 hour road trip, 70 dollars in gas and I have them with me.

I actually got some other things too;
CS400i, CS245i, CS175i, PSW350, F/X500i, Onkyo TX-DS787, Onkyo DX-C370, Spare midwoofer for RT3000p sattelite, spare subwoofer amp board for RT3000p sub, spare amp board for PSW650, and a spare amp board for PSW350.

All in mint condition, I mean mint mint. Also the RT3000ps have hardly any hours on them so the amps are original and should stay that way for a while. Not to mention that I could be tricked into thinking they're new.

RT3000ps are the newer model, with the black front finish instead of the stupid fabric. I have noticed something though.
The subwoofers rubber surround is very rough, it's not deteriorating by any means and seems to be doing its job fine but my fingernail leaves streaks assumingly because of dirt on it, how would I clean them though? Damp cloth? Anyways here are some pictures.oggczkxkb88i.jpg
enmf2lb8erwz.jpg
z0dyvxri7rhw.jpg
g26c9okry3ck.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Rubber oxidation. Spray original Windex on a soft cotton cloth, then wipe in a circular motion.

BTW, the tweeter in your pics has been cooked.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ChrisD06
    @F1nut Thanks for the rubber surround cleaning tip!
    The tweeter works completely fine and doesn't distort at all. My dad used to own a fair of RT600i speakers and he said they would still have dents after popping them back out but they worked fine.
  • F1nut
    It may still work as you say, but the tweeter was overdriven, which caused the dome to melt a bit.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ChrisD06
    @F1nut The guy I bought it from said he never played it too loud or for long periods of time. It was mainly a HT setup with a CD player.
    He did say hid grandkids pushed them in once so maybe it just has that from being pushed?
    Even if it melted, it works fine and no need to replace it I hope.
  • F1nut
    One time is all it takes. It wouldn't be a bad idea to look for a replacement.....ya know, peace of mind and all that.

President of Club Polk

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Very cool.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Man I would love a set of those for the HT! congrats!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • ChrisD06
    @F1nut I have a pair of RT800s and RT600is so I could just harvest their tweeters and swap them.
  • ChrisD06
    @rooftop59 Polk made pretty bad subs back in the early 2000s but the RT3000ps are absolutely an exception! I highly recommend getting a pair whenever you can. I already want another pair actually haha.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited March 2021
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    @F1nut I have a pair of RT800s and RT600is so I could just harvest their tweeters and swap them.

Yes you can.
    I remember when the RT3000p's came out. I went and listened to them so many times. They really are a really nice speaker package. The Center channel is awesome.

On a side note I saw you got a few Polk alder model subwoofers. I use to have a few Polk subs back in the day and still have a PSW350 I use in my basement Gym with a pair of Mounted Outdoor Speakers.
    I think Polk use to make very nice musical subwoofers. I have velodyne DD-10 Plus subwoofers in my main listening area which are high end but the older PSW350 still is a very satisfying subwoofer to listen to. Yesterday I swapped the basement around and hooked up my RT16' down there with a Sonos Amp and the PSW350 subwoofer.
    What a pretty damn nice affordable 2 channel rig I threw together. I had a Rotel RX1050 Receiver and a Sony SCAD player connected but the Rotel does not have Sub out or crossover settings so I used the Sonos Amp instead which has Bass management and 120 Watts of power Digital . It's a wonderful little guy.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • cincycat13
    cincycat13 Posts: 882
    Congrats. you are making me want to dig mine out of the basement. my wife hated those subwoofers. i thought they were fantastic.
  • ChrisD06
    @cincycat13 The subwoofers kick ****! My subwoofer level is on the 5th dot down from max volume and I used Onkyo's AccuEQ to adjust them which made them louder.
    Then I play Humble by Kendrick Lamar and set the volume to 70/100.
    Needless to say, I'm keeping these speakers until they are falling apart and no longer repairable.

Dig them out and hook them back up!
  • ChrisD06
    @mantis I gave the CSi245 and PSW350 to my dad. He loves them. He went from a Yamaha 8 inch sub to the Polk and he is amazed.
  • I have a set if rt3000p with rhe cs1000 center for sale in Southern California
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited March 2021

Congrats on the RT3000's. Backup tweets are always good to have as the RT line is getting long in tooth.

Myself, I've had sets of RT3000p, CS1000p, f/x1000, RT800i, RT600, CS400i, f/x500. I replaced more tweeters than I can remember, even tweets in the surround speakers. Also, I've had passive crossover components go bad as well as several RT3000p amp issues. Being an Elec Tech helped in all those situations as I just fixed things myself.

Still, the RT5000 was pure fun! I miss that set some days. 7 tweeters, 10 woofers, 6 subs, 5 passive crossovers, 3 amps! That set can deliver the goods!

kzv340qbw316.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • ChrisD06
    @thej0hnster I live in Canada and if you're willing to ship, would you sell the CS1000p seperately and for how much?
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    @thej0hnster I live in Canada and if you're willing to ship, would you sell the CS1000p seperately and for how much?

This individual accepts offers and then sells to the highest bidder. That's how he rolls.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    la2vegas wrote: »

This individual accepts offers and then sells to the highest bidder. That's how he rolls.

That is not the way the forum rolls. He also is not allowed to sell here that post should be removed.
  • ChrisD06
    @pitdogg2 @la2vegas Thanks for letting me now that.