New Person Same Buzzing, Static, Heartbeat issue with my Polk Audio PSW125

Polk Audio Powered Sub - maybe 12 inch, cant find a model number, purchased from FutureShop and had a 9 year warranty but they went out of business and its has a consistent heartbeat ticking sound unless you turn it off, also it has static buzzing and will appear to come one and off. PSW125, I see that several other people have the same issue, what can I do to get this repaired??

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,659
    The cause of the problem is a failed bass amplifier which would need to be repaired or replaced. I believe there are service facilities in Canada, send an email message to: [email protected] he should be able to send you contact information. It might take a day or two to get a response.
  • Emailed Kim a month ago. His response was:

This is usually caused by a defective 47uF cap in the signal path.
    Digi-Key does stock a replacement capacitor.
    The part number is 495-6019-ND.
    Hope this helps.

I followed up asking if I can send this anywhere and received no reply.

Is Kim a Polk employee?

Needless to say, this did not help solve my issue.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 45,869
    He did help you, he told you what you can do to repair it. If you aren't comfortable doing that then take it to your local electronics repair shop.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pmcsilva57
    pmcsilva57 Posts: 1
    I'm on my fourth PSW125 power amp in 9 years. I'm done.