I cannot change the language on my command bar.

Options
I cannot change the language on my command bar. It is stuck in Spanish even after 10 attempts at reinstating the bar using the new bar command in the polk app. Same result after factory reset. I live in Spain and purchased the bar in Spain. It has previously worked in English UK mode but stopped after a change of Spanish address

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Quizás no le guste la casa nueva.

I don't think that translates correctly. Should be, "Maybe it doesn't like the new house."
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Why does this "smart" device even care what your physical residence's address is? Give me a break.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,277
    Options

Are you saying "Smart" devices are uncaring, that they are not All Wise ?!

Boy, somebody's Social Score is going to take a hit with that kind of impudence !
    Sal Palooza
  • kevinsheehanuk
    Options
    Is this forum here to help people solve their Polk problems??
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I'm afraid your bar is not something most, if not all of us are not familiar with. A quick look online mentions a factory reset, but it seems you've already tried that. Could it have anything to do with the cable/internet provider at your new house?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kevinsheehanuk
    Options
    The unit was previously on a 100mb Fibre optic connection. It is now on a 300mb connection??. I am aware that certainelectronic equipment is regionaly locked and wonder if that is a sofware or firmware issue with the Polk. Where can I find reference to my specific language problems. both my 100 and 300mb setups only ever had problems with IPTV but I think that was software faults at the provider of the IPTV- buffering etc
  • kevinsheehanuk
    Options
    I think I understand what is happening. Amazon.es Spain only allows Spanish and Portguese on my Amazon account and the Polk is stuck in Spanish. Well done Amazon - WHY???. Modern systems are run by individuals who exist in cyber space and not the everyday world of the people it charges money to for using it's products. Fascinatingly the 4 x Echo dots in my chateau all speak in English in the same account as the Polk. Integration is not always what it should be