Jamming with a favorite grandson

Options
My 14-year old guitar prodigy grandson, Dylan, spent the day with me today. He got his hands on a few guitar types he had yet to be exposed to and loved it (me too!)
ruxtivbyonbz.jpg
1972 Les Paul Recording

jmx0noqytgew.jpg
1967 Fender Coronado II

mw7ohism9f9e.jpg
1967 Fender Coronado XII

hiiqmm41c3e9.jpg
1974 Gibson ES-335TD

The hollow body electrics were a real eye opener for him and he played them beautifully. Everyone else in the house was gone, so the neighbors got a free concert. :) What a great day! I let him borrow the Fender Coronado II for awhile.

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday...for both of you.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • JayDog
    JayDog Posts: 266
    Options
    Nice guitar's 🎸, You got to be a proud Grandpa and a cool Grandpa all in the same day, cherish these times from one Gpa to another, the proud I get to enjoy often but both Cool and proud Gpa.. Priceless!.. :)
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You are truly blessed. Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Thanks all for the comments.

I've had the Tele I gave Dylan "back in the shop" since Saturday. Poor child is cursed with perfect pitch and can hear 1 to 2 cents out of intonation. I've blind tested him and it's true. It makes him particularly nuts on the G string when fretting Ab, A and Bb in a chord. So, I put a Black Tusq nut on it yesterday. I can get the G fluttering between perfect and 1 cent sharp while fretting the above mentioned notes. I'm going to blind test him again. If he can hear that, I give up! For reference, the average ear cannot distinguish flat or sharp of 3 cents or less. I also put a Black Tusq string tree on the B and e for good measure. No stickage tuner to bridge. Great $11 investment. Thanks Canada!

2vcpj8zuwc87.jpg