NICE B&K Reference 4420 225 w/ch power amp complete

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I have also bought a couple pieces from Keith, great guy to work with! @geppy1 you should definitely stick around!

It would be nice if you would give a brief review of a price or gear that you find intriguing every so often, and just give us like 3-4 days before posting things other places. There have been multiple times in the last year that you listed something that I was seriously considering overnight, but next day it’s gone, sold elsewhere. It ultimately, it’s up to you
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I have also bought a couple pieces from Keith, great guy to work with! @geppy1 you should definitely stick around!

It would be nice if you would give a brief review of a price or gear that you find intriguing every so often, and just give us like 3-4 days before posting things other places. There have been multiple times in the last year that you listed something that I was seriously considering overnight, but next day it’s gone, sold elsewhere. It ultimately, it’s up to you

Amen. That is what I was saying in the first place.
  • I consider geppy1 a "service provider" instead of a "selfish seller".

I've never purchased from geppy1, but I do read all of his "For Sale" posts and comments to expand my equipment knowledge. Kieth's prices are always reasonable too. I have wanted to purchase a few things but timing was not right. Snooze you loose comes into play.

It's easy to strictly enforce rules without examination of the action. I hope the forum doesn't become a member of the "call-out culture" by not considering all the facts.

In my past years, I was one to adhere to such rules strictly. No more! Just this morning, I read a story on "not my favorite" news channel about an impactful choice instead of following the rules without examination.

A middle schooler was insecure about his haircut. So his principal fixed it himself instead of disciplining the boy for wearing a hat.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/26/us/principal-student-haircut-trnd/index.html
    (see the video inside story link if you wish)
    o3hict2q4eny.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Geppymart pretty funny!! LOL!!
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    F1nut wrote: »
    It's not about whether he is making, losing or breaking even. It's about flipping gear, an unbelievable amount of gear.....way more than what anyone could possibly consider from normal personal use.

I agree.

The issue should not be about price - i.e., if priced reasonable, then not a flipper. But if priced high, then a flipper. The issue is that a Polk Forum member should contribute to the forum other than just selling gear. He has not done that.

That is the spirit of the "100 posts to sell" rule and everything this forum stands for.

I am not saying that he is a bad person or does not deserve to be on the forum. Just that he should contribute to the forum conversation once in a while and not just be a Seller.

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    I've been very happy with my Music Hall integrated amp I got from geppy1.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited February 2021
    geppy1 wrote: »
    I spend a LOT of time behind the scenes on various audio and astronomy sites answers questions of giving advice and helping people out.. I could spend all day doing that but I am legally blind...

Wait, what?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited February 2021
    F1nut wrote: »
    No one is chasing him off, but if he chooses to leave because of being called out for being a flipper.....well, then you know the only reason he is here is flipping gear.

This.

Making factual observations is not "chasing someone off."
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    edited February 2021
    Well thank you I little surprised this is still a thing. To be clear for those who missed it I will NO LONGER be posting things for sale . Maybe it will make me settle on something and get off the merry go round . As for my friends stuff (what he has left) that will go elsewhere.

A couple other things here. Now some are questioning my credibility of helping people in the background? If I am legally blind?? Nice . Tell that to the local guy I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with helping him learn Tell the guy two weeks ago who would have bought the Onkyo CP 1050 straight out until I figured out what he had and what he was looking to do (qualifying) and saying to him this is a lateral move no need for you to buy this.

Folks have asked about contributing to forums I have chimed in on things but learned a long time ago to tread lightly or not get involved to much . (JayCee gets it) I have been on here for almost 20 years I am guessing longer then many. I used to chime in back in the day but discovered that if your opinion say on tweeters or whatever was not to the liking of some you got lite up. Me only a couple of times but I saw it happen to others It was brutal . Many left. Things are way better now but I learned for the most part to keep my mouth shut. THAT is why I do not offer opinions on things.

I have explained as best I can. People are going to believe what they are going to believe so me saying anything else serves no purpose .
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Resign? Ya’ll gonna have to fire me!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited February 2021
    Still deflecting, making excuses and missing the point.

Edit: You know Keith, all of this was discussed months ago and you could have made some changes, but you decided not to. So, it comes up again and the change you decide to make is to stop listing gear here, which kind of re-enforces the flipper thing. Maybe give it some thought and hopefully you'll come up with a different plan.
    Post edited by F1nut on
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Just post the item for sale here for 3-5 days time before listing it on USAM/Audiogon.

Is that really so unreasonable of an ask?
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    JayCee wrote: »
    This...
    Rick88 wrote: »
    This is unfortunate. Some people deserve to get chased off - spammers, trolls, general troublemakers, etc...

I hate to see people piling on someone. This kind of thing is the main reason I've left the forum myself for extended periods of time in recent years, and others have left for good.

Just sad to see.

Been here since 2009 and I've made it a point to avoid controversial waters on this forum. First and foremost I keep my mouth shut...but, it's common to see abidance of the rules in a very uneven way.

I'll use the most controversial example I can think of. I find it interesting that many of the most vocal opinions are equally guilty at breaking said rules. Politics comes to mind. EVERYONE knows it's a no-no....but still the boundaries are pushed. Innuendos, underhanded comments, passive-aggressive behavior, flat out saying banned things. IMO, a little bit of self reflection goes a long way but hey, it's hard to find fault within.

FWIW, just my opinion as someone who observes this, often, ping-pong match. My last two cents I'll toss into the ring on this topic.

Carry on.

Bingo!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited February 2021
    I spend a LOT of time behind the scenes on various ... astronomy sites answering questions and giving advice and helping people out.. I could spend all day doing that but I am legally blind...

Wait, what? I'm assuming you have one good eye right? Seriously though, don't let the good old boys club put you down. It is good manners though for a seller here to at least give CP members first dibs before going rogue. Otherwise we may want to poke an eye out...

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited February 2021
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I spend a LOT of time behind the scenes on various ... astronomy sites answering questions and giving advice and helping people out.. I could spend all day doing that but I am legally blind...

Wait, what? I'm assuming you have one good eye right? Seriously though, don't let the good old boys club put you down. It is good manners though for a seller here to at least give CP members first dibs before going rogue. Otherwise we may want to poke an eye out...

0nub7b18icum.jpg

Classic foot in mouth statement. Just because someone is considered legally blind does not mean he is totally without vision, and without knowing the history of his situation, that's a bold statement to make cmon man poke an eye out WTF?

As far as the headhunters ganging up on him, they do have a valid point there is a lot of gear that he sells on the Forum, and if your going to put it up on the Forum give it a couple of Days for the good people here have time to buy it. Putting it up on multiple sites like this one at the same time is not a good Idea because a situation such as this is bound to happen.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Upon further thought, I agree with every opinion expressed in this thread except mine.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,226
    Holy Mackerel !
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    I see the butt-hurt moral police are still alive and well here. If I need a piece of gear that he's selling and it's cheaper than anywhere else I would surely buy from him. I benefit in that instance. There's nothing wrong with "flipping" if the buyer gets a good product at a great price and the seller is a trusted fellow member. Get over yourselves.
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    ROHfan wrote: »
    I see the butt-hurt moral police are still alive and well here. If I need a piece of gear that he's selling and it's cheaper than anywhere else I would surely buy from him. I benefit in that instance. There's nothing wrong with "flipping" if the buyer gets a good product at a great price and the seller is a trusted fellow member. Get over yourselves.

Not sure if they’re still alive and well today, but I guess they were last February.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2022
    ROHfan wrote: »

Read the freaking rules, ya putz.
    Being able to offer items for sale or trade is considered, by its membership, to be an earned privilege. To earn this privilege a member must accumulate at least 100 meaningful posts before he is permitted to offer anything for sale or for trade. Furthermore, this privilege does not extend to obvious gear flippers no matter how long you have been a member.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Again flipping was not what was happening but I understand how it could be perceived that way .
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    edited January 2022
    lightman1 wrote: »
    New here. Is this still for sale?

You need 100 posts, so kick rocks.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    la2vegas wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    New here. Is this still for sale?

You need 100 posts, so kick rocks.