New Person Same Buzzing, Static, Heartbeat issue with my Polk Audio PSW125

Options
Polk Audio Powered Sub - maybe 12 inch, cant find a model number, purchased from FutureShop and had a 9 year warranty but they went out of business and its has a consistent heartbeat ticking sound unless you turn it off, also it has static buzzing and will appear to come one and off. PSW125, I see that several other people have the same issue, what can I do to get this repaired??

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The cause of the problem is a failed bass amplifier which would need to be repaired or replaced. I believe there are service facilities in Canada, send an email message to: kim.jasper@soundunited.com he should be able to send you contact information. It might take a day or two to get a response.
  • JoshuaJClarke
    Options
    Emailed Kim a month ago. His response was:

This is usually caused by a defective 47uF cap in the signal path.
    Digi-Key does stock a replacement capacitor.
    The part number is 495-6019-ND.
    Hope this helps.

I followed up asking if I can send this anywhere and received no reply.

Is Kim a Polk employee?

Needless to say, this did not help solve my issue.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    He did help you, he told you what you can do to repair it. If you aren't comfortable doing that then take it to your local electronics repair shop.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pmcsilva57
    Options
    I'm on my fourth PSW125 power amp in 9 years. I'm done.
  • Leif
    Leif Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi team.
    Anyone know who I can speak to over here in New Zealand to have this issue addressed? I see on a few other discussions people in the US have been calling the Customer Service team and seem to be having good luck with their replacements.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Send an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com and ask who to contact in New Zealand.
  • MikeUp
    MikeUp Posts: 86
    Options
    Wow, can't anyone make a subwoofer anymore. I see the exact same complaints for Jamo and Klipsch subwoofers.

I have 2 sets of TL1600 speakers and both subwoofers have a hum with nothing plugged into them. They are just plugged into AC. Tried several rooms yet hum doesn't go away. I guess this is the norm as I read about this in several spots on the internet making this a "Normal" operation 'flaw'.

I've had my Velodyne since the late 90s and have had older Sony and Yamaha subwoofers that never had issues.

I guess now you get to pay more for the subwoofer and as an added bonus get all kinds of design and performance flaws.

Makes me want to do what I did in the early 90s, have a tower speaker that plays down to 30s and route all bass to them and forget about having a subwoofer.
    On to new and better adventures
    0rgpp9vfl09w.jpg