Black Sails complete series

Found this on Amazon for $35. Not a bad deal, honestly. Comes with a digital download as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Sails-S1-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B07G1JQBTV/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Fun series and I do have that set. For those who have Starz on cable the series can also be streamed on FIOS or other providers for free.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Good stuff ? I've never heard of it, of course I also have no pay channels.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    It's a great series, very well done.

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    This looks decent, but streaming from hulu I had to turn my volume up extremely high and still vocals were hard to understand.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Jstas
    I have that problem with lots of stuff from Hulu.

Makes watching it when everyone else is in bed difficult because the volume has to be up too high for dialog and then becomes obnoxiously loud when music or action happens.

I have the same problem with Letterkenny, Catch-22 and Solar Opposites. It's the biggest reason I sprung for the Blu-ray set. Jackie got interested in it but we can't watch it when the kids are home because, well, 5 minutes of whispering and struggling to read lips of bearded/mustachioed actors and then 30 seconds of cannon fire at ear bleeding levels shaking the whole house.

The Blu-rays are mixed well and so was the On-Demand from STARZ directly on Comcast. No problems.

• muncybob
    Just added it to Netflix...have to wait for the dvds now. hulu seems to have this audio problem in a lot of stuff. Guess I'll terminate it after my $2/mo. special expires. Glad Doc Martin works well. Scenery reminds me of days gone by.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • muncybob
    We have watched the first 6 episodes. Wife made the comment shortly after starting these, "oh, I know why you wanted to watch this". I replied it's only because a Polkie said it was well done.

Looking forward to the next Netflix disc.
  • Jstas
    Oh, there's lots of nekkid pipls and ultra-violence but it was on premium cable channels so, you know, it's a given. It's not necessarily gratuitous, though.

But it's still well done. I mean, it was nominated for and won Emmys. It's not garbage at all.

• pitdogg2
    Found the complete series on Blu-ray at a Best buy near me I will be going after work to pick it up.
  • Great series!!! The first season was a bit different than the rest (as muncybob pointed out). Season 1 was good, but it really picked up steam seasons 2-4. Awesome bit of history mixed in with fantasy.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Found the complete series on Blu-ray at a Best buy near me I will be going after work to pick it up.

I ordered a used Blu-ray set for 25.00 off ebay. Saved about 35.00 compared to new at BB.