Help setting up system

• I have an LG OLED65CXPUA, , POLK MAGNIFI MAX, FIRE STICK 4K, AND TIVO CABLE BOX WHAT IS BEST WAY TO HOOK THIS ALL UP

Best Answer

• engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Answer ✓
    Not having used them, I can't say which way is better or even if there is a difference, but there are 2 basic scenarios:

You could opt for running the Fire Stick and cable box via HDMI to the Polk and then HDMI to the TV. Hopefully, the TV remote can learn to control the source and volume of the Polk.

Or you could run the Fire Stick and cable box to the Polk using HDMI. Then connect HDMI 2 (ARC) from the TV to the Polk's HDMI output. You could also just run an optical digital cable from the TV to the Polk. In these cases, you would only need the TV remote to learn the volume commands for the Polk.
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    PLUG IT IN
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• You got it. I ran the TiVo into the hdmi in on the Polk. Left the Firestick hooked up the the 4K input on the tv, then ran the optical from the tv to the soundbar then have the arc run into the tv arc input. It works. Thanks for the input
  • pw91686
    pw91686 Posts: 8
    F1nut wrote: »
    PLUG IT IN

you don't seem to be much of a "contributing member" by the looks of it...
    Just a dude who loves audio.
  • pw91686
    pw91686 Posts: 8
    timlynne wrote: »
    You got it. I ran the TiVo into the hdmi in on the Polk. Left the Firestick hooked up the the 4K input on the tv, then ran the optical from the tv to the soundbar then have the arc run into the tv arc input. It works. Thanks for the input

i would plug all your devices straight into the hdmi on the tv.
    if your tv has an hdmi out ARC, then use this to connect to the sound bar. ARC allows a soundbar, if capable, to communicate with the tv on how to decode the audio information.

for instance, if you are watching netflix, and the film/series is in dolby atmos, it will automatically send this information to your soundbar or receiver, and the soundbar/receiver will change the settings on its own to atmos.
    Just a dude who loves audio.
  • finlay
    finlay Posts: 3
    does it sound good?