Cambridge 851N and Tidal Connect

2»

Comments

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    gyosa wrote: »
    here's what I don't get...... I understand the 851 can't unfold mqa tracks , but if Mconnect can do the first unfold and send it to the 851 why can't tidal connect do the first unfold and send it to the 851 ?

I don't really care about mqa , per se , just like the higher bitrate the first unfold gives ....

Bk
    Tidal Connect can't do the first unfold because they don't want it to. If they started letting everyone unfold without their proprietary hardware and software licenses, they wouldn't make money.

Like @Clipdat said, just say no to DRM.

For some people that means moving to other streaming services. For others (like me) it means not stressing about MQA.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    I'm confused with all this. Is MQA DRM? Making us SOL if we want FLAC?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I'm confused with all this. Is MQA DRM? Making us SOL if we want FLAC?

MQA is a DRM format. FLAC is a different and separate file format from MQA.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Are these the issues you are talking about?? I was NEVER a fan of Tidal or any service to listen to music so I'm totally lost with tech issues in this arena. I hope Cambridge makes the fixes you need with no fuss, regardless to age of unit, but even if it costs a few bucks and you are ok with the sound it may be worth it to go that route. You know my real thoughts on the subject!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!