I'd buy this

If this was local, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

https://www.shopthesalvationarmy.com/Listing/Details/31313121/Gulbransen-Organ-w-2-Leslie-Model-103-Speakers-Bench-Works.

Found some info on the thing, has some sort a 65 watt tube amp in the speaker.

Always wanted to find something like this in working condition, pull the amp and see what could be created.

This one is just too darn pretty to start taking it apart.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    No pipes... meh. :p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Sweet! I'd put that in my barn for jam sessions
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Those Leslies are highly desirable among keyboardists. Always reminded of You Keep Me Hanging On by Vanilla Fudge when I think of Leslies.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    dromunds wrote: »
    Those Leslies are highly desirable among keyboardists. Always reminded of You Keep Me Hanging On by Vanilla Fudge when I think of Leslies.

Leslie speakers always remind me of "You Keep Me Hanging On" by Vanilla Fudge as well....and there ain't nothin' I can do about it.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Reminds me of Garcia's processed vocals in the song Rosemary from aoxomoxoa.

The vocal were played through a Leslie to be recorded via a microphone.
    It's one of the less weird things on/about the album, actually. :#

https://youtu.be/p2mUem7RLNM

or, as one prefers, the original mix

https://youtu.be/iqyfGFMGn-c
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    We have a 1955 Hammond B-3 with Leslie 122 in our family room. It sits idle 99.9% of the time. But, when we get a pair of talented hands (and feet) at it there is much magic.

I'm not familiar with that particular Leslie variant. If the organ is like most Hammonds, there is no internal amp or speaker just a preamp and an external amp/speaker cab is required. The two Leslie cabs in the listing would probably bring a nice price if re-sold.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    I did find this on it.

c7922uyjpuz7.png

Found a manual for the 101 but not the 103.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    We have a 1955 Hammond B-3 with Leslie 122 in our family room. It sits idle 99.9% of the time. But, when we get a pair of talented hands (and feet) at it there is much magic.
    That is cool :)
    I'm not familiar with that particular Leslie variant. If the organ is like most Hammonds, there is no internal amp or speaker just a preamp and an external amp/speaker cab is required. The two Leslie cabs in the listing would probably bring a nice price if re-sold.

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    I had to look through some photos to find a somewhat decent couple showing our B-3/Leslie 122 combo and our friend Hector Olivera playing for us. Magic!

If you enjoy pipe organ, I'd encourage you to listen to some of Hector's offerings. Everything from pop to Bach.
    a0h8teidakjk.jpg

nzg9e15klb8k.jpg

0dsj0pjdievn.jpg