Phasing for powered subs.

Any thoughts on the distance from sub to sub as it relates to the room shape and how you decide on phasing for each?
Too much **** to list....

Comments

• SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    So you gonna stack them and reverse pol, off set pol or both straight? its only 2k watts per on folded 18s so its not going to be that much diff....unless your in the neighbors living room. room is 16x28x8. large chunk of wood in the center of the room.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    SDA1C wrote: »
    So you gonna stack them and reverse pol, off set pol or both straight? its only 2k watts per on folded 18s so its not going to be that much diff....unless your in the neighbors living room. room is 16x28x8. large chunk of wood in the center of the room.

WTF???
  • SDA1C
    edited January 2021
    sorry to confuse...figured it was obvious..the large chunk of wood is actually a pool table. now i only have one table so i cannot change them out but i must wonder if i changed the wood of the table would it change sound. oak, vs. mahogany etc... i have found that the volume under the table greatly affects the spacial content. i.e. i have filled the under side with djembe drums (12 of them)and the subs need immediate reduction both level and freq (both monitored at the mixer) given that effect, i must wonder what would happen if i could get the subs under the table? thoughts?

edited for punc tuation
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Did you just call Ken a punc?
  • SDA1C
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Did you just call Ken a punc?

This could be entertaining.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    SDA1C wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

roiaulsxo7br.jpg

• SDA1C
    so anyway, instead of one in each corner on the far end of the room, im stacking them but which way to stack? the cabs are 25.5 inches cubed so as a guess the drivers faces and ports will be 24 inches apart facing opposite directions for the first test. I wonder how that will react with wavelength and whether or not reverse pol on the top or the bottom cab would increase gain. what about 90 degrees instead of 180?