Energy C9/C-C3

Options
daboyz
daboyz Posts: 5,206
Anyone have experience with these? They've gotten good reviews so I'm thinking on them for a good ht/music mix.

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    i just posted in your other thread. PM steve...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • daboyz
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    i just posted in your other thread. PM steve...

Thanks! I appreciate the thoughts. 🙂
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Liked them a lot, and miss them---especially the towers. "Exciting" presentation without ever losing their composure.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    Back in the day I had the C7 & matching center. They were dynamite! I sold them to a friend of mine & he's still enjoying them to this day. I wouldn't hesitate to snag them.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • JayDog
    JayDog Posts: 266
    Options
    I was a Energy fanboy back in the day. Energy was another great Canadian speaker company like Axiom, Paradigm & PSB Having unlimited access to there National Research Council facility with its full sized Anechoic chambers and psycho-acoustical research department, It Has really seemed to benefit several smaller audio companies back in the day.

Energy was right there neck and neck with Klipsch back in the day in the high sensitivity & affordable loudspeaker sales.
    like there game changing Take classic 5.1 and there Connoisseur & Vertitas lines were all very impressive sounding.

I think everybody had at least one Take Classic set in a room in there house somewhere, they were a great looking and sounding kit. Monoprice got sued for copyright infringement and lost with there kit they still selling now I believe they were great for a bedroom or desktop set up.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=39357

I can't remember there C line? But I don't remember ever hearing a bad sounding Energy speaker over the years, they believed in solid research and frequency response testing before allot of other speaker companies we ever doing it. It was to bad to see them get bought out by Klipsch and put on the chopping block.
  • daboyz
    Options
    Thanks, all. Right now I think that I'm deciding between the Energy's and a pair of Lsi15's that would be $100 more.
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Energy’s all the way!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • daboyz
    Options
    Energy’s all the way!

If I had half a brain I would/should. lol
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »
    Thanks, all. Right now I think that I'm deciding between the Energy's and a pair of Lsi15's that would be $100 more.

What are you going to power them with? Lsi15s would really benefit from an amp.
  • daboyz
    Options
    I have a B&K amp.
  • JayDog
    Options
    Energy’s all the way!

x2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    The C-9's are a seriously under-appreciated speaker at their price. I'd take it before an Lsi15 any day.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • daboyz
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Im picking them up tomorrow morning. :)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and then seeing them for sale in 3 months :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • JayDog
    edited January 2021
    Options

I am sure your going to like them daboyz, Energy made some great speakers, I should of never sold my Vertitas's!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    You used to have the lsi25. Outside of the built in amp, what did you not like about them?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • daboyz
    Options
    There has only been one speaker that I've hated and that was Emerald Physics. The ones I wish I would have kept is the Usher's. Everything else has been good. I've kinda liked trying different things but I've got to sell to afford trying something new.

I probably listened to music maybe five times all of last year. It's not worth it to me to have a lot of money wrapped up in my stereo. But, I still want something I can enjoy in short spurts.
  • daboyz
    Options

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and then seeing them for sale in 3 months :wink:

Maybe! 😜
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Which Ushers did you wish you had kept?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • daboyz
    Options
    6311's. Russ has them now.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    6311's. Russ has them now.

And still sounding magnificent
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,063
    Options
    Best speaker bargain out there in my opinion. I can’t believe they are sometimes sold for less than $700. I think I paid $1200 for mine and they were worth every penny.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    It’s afternoon... WHERES THE PICS YOU TEASE
  • daboyz
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Only a couple songs in. Enjoying them so far! 🙂

Poor tv is on its last legs. 😕
  • JayDog
    edited January 2021
    Options

I recognize that energy tweeter anywhere, those are sweet looking, the lighter wood shades are back in style. Those are there mid tier speaker line, I bet they do sound good, good for you bro.I had version 1 Vetitas with the 2" dome
    Aluminum midrange, these are the latest Version Veritas and there Flagship speaker line, Nice speakers!45oo97014t0m.jpg
    Post edited by JayDog on
  • rooftop59
    Options

Those look great! I would love to hear the towers and center (only heard the C3s). Did u get a nice deal?
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    Nice snag! I really enjoyed my C7's. They won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Enjoy!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • daboyz
    Options

Those look great! I would love to hear the towers and center (only heard the C3s). Did u get a nice deal?

Me thinks I did. I paid $350 for all three.
  • daboyz
    Options
    Nice snag! I really enjoyed my C7's. They won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Enjoy!

I like them a lot. They're pretty much perfect for my situation. :)