FS: Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl's located in Charleston SC....850.

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited January 2021 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I know, I know, I know.....

You guys know what these are (in general terms) so no need to get into that. These are bone stock. Zero modifications. Low mileage. The only flaws I can really see is some sun fading on the grill cloth in a couple of spots. (Pics forthcoming).....but short of that, these are fresh and clean as a whistle.

Included, original manual and literature, factory SDA cable, billet terminal plates, binding posts and neutrik connectors (all unassembled). These didn't come with floor spikes or a bass brace.....I MAY have a set of floor spikes but I make no promises.

So, as much as I swore I'd never part with another pair of these should I get them, why am I?

Well, it's complicated. The big SDA's never really worked well in my living room and they are overkill for my smaller dedicated listening room.....where the CRS+'s work perfectly. I had grand intentions of modifying the crossovers and so forth and a year later that still hasn't come to fruition.

I'm not desperate to sell these and truth be told if they don't, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it....so 850 is the number, local pickup in North Charleston SC.

I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    That’s a great price, a little less than I paid for mine 10 years ago, which also were stock.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    You'll be sorry.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited January 2021
    F1nut wrote: »
    You'll be sorry.

^^^ Listen to the Big Dog ^^^

That said, GLWTS
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    I almost tagged you Troy because I thought you would be interested! But then saw you were the seller and couldn't believe it!

GLWTS
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    I doubt seriously they will sell.....which is actually fine.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    TroyD wrote: »
    I doubt seriously they will sell.....which is actually fine.

Why even go through the motions if your heart is really not into giving them up?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • TroyD
    edited January 2021
    Because I have a sentimental attachment to them......

I love them, I really do but, in the space I have for them.....as I've alluded to, eh, I've got speakers that work better in that space. In the living room, the Thiel's sound better. If you told me I could only listen to on e loudspeaker for the rest of my life, I'm probably going with the Thiels. My living room has a midrange suck out that really plays hell with the SDA's.....the Thiel's are more forward and aggressive so that suck out actually works to their advantage.

In the smaller listening room....the CRS's actually work better as it's a pretty small room. It's not that the 2.3tl's DON'T work but, jeez, it gets crowded in there pretty easy......now, I can stash the 2.3tl's but as you guys know, they take up real estate....which I don't mind, hell, I've had a pair of inoperative Carver Amazings for over a decade....but if someone could use them and love them, why not? Again, I had grandiose plans of crossover upgrades etc etc but I've just never gotten that off the ground.

Again, if someone was REALLY looking to get into big SDA's....I'd rather help keep the SDA following growing as opposed to just listening to them sporadically....so, that said, I'm not super motivated to sell. Meaning, I'm not budging off my asking price. I'm not offering to transport them etc etc.....

And, at the end of the day....they are mine. I can do whatever I please with them. I've gone through a LOT of loudspeakers and probably will go through a lot more.....I like to pick things up, dig them and then move them along. It's what I have always done...

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    These SDAs have some interesting history to them if I recall correctly. Something to the effect of creepy guys dressed in lab coats leaning on them for photos. Real twisted demented stuff! Could have been worse though. Could have been the pair with some creeper dressed in a wife beater and grey sweats leaning on them.

Some real weirdos around these parts.

Anyway, good luck with the sale and hope that bit of history gets you double the price.
    No excuses!
  • TroyD
    John,

No, I picked these up last year.......THOSE 2.3tl's, I sold, jeez, ten years ago.....
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    BDT rubbed his dingus on them though, so there's that......
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    LOL.....as it turns out...

I have found a home for these....I'm going to lend them out to a friend to store/use them for awhile so this is all going to work out just fine.

BDT
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    ...these still available?
  • TroyD
    No, unfortunately I've already found a home for them.

Sorry!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    No, unfortunately I've already found a home for them.

Sorry!

you don't come around enough these days Troy...me thinks that was tongue in cheek...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • TroyD
    I'm trying! Life gets in the way, ya know? I've got a friend getting into HiFi and he is pretty excited to get to use the SDA's.....the bonus for me is, I can' always get them back....
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I'm trying! Life gets in the way, ya know? I've got a friend getting into HiFi and he is pretty excited to get to use the SDA's.....the bonus for me is, I can' always get them back....

That’s a perfect scenario
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A