Upgraded Speaker Wire

pawelmwo
pawelmwo Posts: 137
I recently wired up my surrounds for in wall and decided to upgrade my left, right and center speakers cables. I went from Sewell 12 gauge to Belden 5000UP 12 gauge terminated with Media Bridge deadbolt style plugs. It always bothered me that the Sewell stuck out a bit of my amp pictured below. I am hearing better details in the sound. Any chance this gap was responsible or is it simply a better quality cable? The new banana plugs are a perfect flush fit. I might be having some of my own subjectivity/confirmation bias here but things sound a lot better to my ears.

t28nnd1mccvc.png

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,388
    edited January 19
    Shouldn't matter on sound as long as they were terminated properly. As for which wire is better... It's the one that sounds better to you.
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,939
    Just wait until you move up to coat-hanger wires with alligator clips.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”