Anyone have T-Mobile as their cell phone provider?

gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
edited January 2021 in The Clubhouse
Just checked them out military or veteran or 55 years or older the Magneta plan is $35 a line tax included unlimited calls text data 5G. I qualify for either plans so $70 dollars per month for 2 lines sweet deal only question for you T'Mobile users hows the service?
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I wasted my money on Verizon for years because it was supposed to be the best. I got Tmobile for half of what I was paying and it's a hell of a lot better.
  • gudnoyez
    Good to hear Bruce, how was the service in so cal as I will be going to San Diego a couple times a year. The service in the midwest from what I hear is pretty good also plus if you get a new Samsung Galaxy S21 with a free 2nd phone for an extra $34 a month so might be making the switch soon.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• afterburnt
    @gudnoyez Steve, I carried a Verizon and a T Mobile phone back and forth from CA to AZ for years and the T Mobile always had better service in the hinterlands of AZ and in the middle of LA county.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Been with T-Mobile for more than 5 years. Verizon before that. In the beginning I noticed Verizon's coverage was better, but these days it's non-factor. The cost savings is substantial.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I have been with Sprint for years, and the merger with T-Mobile has helped me tremendously with coverage...especially now with my new 5G phone :)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Can you here me now?

Sorry Steve couldn't resist😜
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited January 2021
    I have MetroPCS which uses Tmobiles infrastructure and I've not had any problems. Unlimited talk/text and 10Gb of data a month for $40

5G if your phone supports it is included to anyone on their service.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    edited January 2021
    Nothing wrong with T-Mobile service.

I’ve had them for years, and for several years, was using a company issued Verizon iPhone side by side with my own Android, and then my own iPhone on T-Mobile.

With the Android, I did experience call stability issues, especially when using WiFi calling, but when both lines were iPhones, there was no difference in service that I could find.

Have also used T-Mobile in San Diego, and again, no difference. Also, in the mountains near Winter Park, CO, and traveling to Silverthorne or Vail via Hot Sulphur Springs. Sometimes T-Mobile would have service when Verizon would not, and sometimes vice versa, but usually, there was never more than a half mile between the two either way.

They sometimes offer aggressive trade-in programs for iPhones, but recently, I prefer to trade in through the Apple store and pay 0% interest for the balance over two years.

For overseas travel, you can save hundreds of dollars with T-Mobile compared to Verizon, if you ever travel beyond Canada or Mexico.

I believe that they also offer a basic [Netflix] subscription for free, but I’ve never used that.

Also, for cord cutters, there’s a home TV service they call [TVision] that’s cheaper than cable, which works with apps for AppleTV, Fire TV, Android TV, and other smart TV’s that offer the app. If none of those are options, they offer a HDMI device for free.
    Alea jacta est!
  • gudnoyez
    Well went with T-Mobile pre ordered the new Samsung S21 with there buy one get one free with no trade in required.Thanks to all for the advise.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• afterburnt
    Steve is that Samsung S21good? I will probably have to get a new phone soon.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Been with Tmobile for several years now. There are some rare places in the country where I don't get coverage but for the most part it's good. Coverage in mid-state and higher Maine is poor though. Love the hotspot feature (free). When I first joined it was an extra $10/month on AT&T and Verizon.

I have state side International calling for $10/month on one phone. Calling over 70 countries is not a toll charge.

One thing that I need is international travel (pre-Covid). Unlimited free text. Calls are 20cents per minute Internationally, but you can call for free over Wifi when available. Just nice that it just works without having to get a separate plan. For mobile 4G/LTE data you need a data pass which is decently priced at $5/day/1Gb or $30/month/15Gb (I think those numbers are right). This includes tethering. Not meant for streaming movies but can do conference calls.

• gudnoyez
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Steve is that Samsung S21good? I will probably have to get a new phone soon.

They are not due out until end of January I had to preorder them, I got the new sim cards in our S9's until they ship the S21s out.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    I've been with T-MOBILE for a few years now. I have the 55 old fogie plan & it's been great. I never had an issue with them. Highly recommend
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Sprint is now part of T-Mobile and their coverage is combined.
    I've been with Sprint for eleven years now.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    edited January 2021
    I got a new Google Pixel 4a 5G a few weeks ago, and like it a lot. It's one of the few new phones out there that still has a headphone jack.

Edit: Also FWIW, I'm getting about 48hrs of battery life off a full charge.
    Post edited by jdjohn on
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon