Polk SDA 2 tweeter polarity.

I'm putting a pair of SDA 2 with the single center SL 2000 tweeter back together that have been sitting for a while. Short memory. Want to make sure I have the polarity correct. White is positive and black is negative, correct?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Black is positive
  • gary7
    gary7 Posts: 10
    Just want to be sure as the SDA uses out of phase for the SDA effect.
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 2021
    gary7 wrote: »

White* is always negative in polk with the exception of the RTA12 speakers

* Monitor and SDA I've had experience with.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    gary7 wrote: »

Black or blue = positive
    White or green = negative
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gary7
    That's what I thought. wanted to be sure.
  • pitdogg2
    Brandcraft reported
  • gary7
    edited February 2021
    Ok. Just got the replacement tweeter. Want to double check things. Mine are the SDA 2 with the single center tweeter. Now pics I have seen show the tweeters in a mirror image orientation, with the top of the tweet Polk Audio name facing toward the outer edge of the case. So regardless of which way the tweeters are oriented, the black is positive & the white is ground, correct. I don't know why I don't write these things down when I take things apart.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Correct
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk