Is Upscale Audio a good source for tubes

https://upscaleaudio.com/products/gold-lion-ecc82-b749

Looking to get a couple of these for a Vincent Phono pre amp, and a Bravo Headphone Amp.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    i have had no problems with them, the one tube i had go out on me was replaced under warranty. take a look at these over the new production tubes.
    https://upscaleaudio.com/collections/preamp-tubes/products/ge-12au7-6189w
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    So the one you suggest are nos correct? Would it be an improvement over the new stock ones?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • marvda1
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    So the one you suggest are nos correct? Would it be an improvement over the new stock ones?

did you check his video on the tube? i am thinking about getting a pair to check them out. yes they are nos.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Would you like to try a pair of nos Tesla ecc82?
    These are original Tesla
    m5ypa77hjq6s.jpg
    jhlbua1i04gh.jpg

• marvda1
    if they are anything like the tesla ecc88 (6dj8) i didn't care for the sound. thanks
    Puritan PSM156
  • pitdogg2
    marvda1 wrote: »
    if they are anything like the tesla ecc88 (6dj8) i didn't care for the sound. thanks

Well you're not Steve's ears and he can send them back if they do not suit his taste.
  • marvda1
    edited January 2021
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    marvda1 wrote: »

Well you're not Steve's ears and he can send them back if they do not suit his taste.

@pitdogg2 i thought you were asking me since it was right after my post and you didn't mention a name.
    Puritan PSM156
  • pitdogg2
    Yep for Steve. Well you've posted about those tubes a few times. I presumed you already had some. We are all pretty close to ship without much cost to try. I've been having fun buying some to try. These are pretty neutral in my system. I feel they may be a little lean in the bass but I also have a horrible room that sucks the bass out. I lucked into a quad from a freshly opened never been used 100 lot case. I'm guess on the date but maybe early 60's ??

I meant no offense Marvin. I hope you didn't take it that way.

• marvda1
    no offense taken i was just a little confused.
    haven't had any teslas in years.
    Puritan PSM156
  • gudnoyez
    So I think I will try that GE NOS from Kevin's stash that Marvda suggested & the Gold Lion, I have a couple of Mullards. Ivan what are you selling the Tesla's for?
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pitdogg2
    60.00 for the pair is what they cost me.
  • gudnoyez
    edited January 2021

Will keep that in mind after the others come in are you in a hurry to part with them?
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pitdogg2

Will keep that in mind after the others come in are you in a hurry to part with them?

Nope
    If you would like to try them let me know.
  • marvda1
    So I think I will try that GE NOS from Kevin's stash that Marvda suggested & the Gold Lion, I have a couple of Mullards. Ivan what are you selling the Tesla's for?

let us know what you think of those nos ge's ? i might get a pair before they increase in price.
    Puritan PSM156