Any interest in SDA CRS reproduction speaker stands?

124»

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    krazypolk wrote: »
    A few days ago I picked up a pair of monitor 5's from a local audio hoarder. My speakers came with the cloth covered plastic grills and one of them was broken. The seller told me that he had a spare but that he'd need a couple of days to find it.

Well I got the call to pick it up earlier today. When I went over I noticed what looked like some stands off in the corner of his speaker filled shed. He said that they were for the crs speakers, but he no longer had a use for them, as the speakers were long gone. I asked him for a price on them, and he told me to simply take them.

They indeed appear to be original crs stands, however they dont have any spikes, but the bottoms are ready to accommodate them. Now all I need are some crs . :)

It's like finding rare coins. :p:)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • CompactSDA
    CompactSDA Posts: 47
    edited January 2021
    So pleased with the work of a local craftsman in fabricating this replica CRS+ stand for me. Per my request, it is 4 inches taller than the CRS stand so as to get the tweeter of my Polk center channel (for which the new stand will be used) at the same height as the CRS L and R.

At my request, he even included the right size threaded holes on the bottom and fabricated locking/leveling spikes for me.

In the first photo, the factory original from 36 years ago is on the left and the new family member is on the right.

httlajqvc7tq.jpg
    5mxl2r4h9gnz.jpg
    ycq6oghs68ig.jpg

Thanks, Eric!
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Stands look great. Question. You say even with your center channel tweeter. So are the tweeters above your head now ? I had same issue with the Cs1000p I had to make a shelf & angle it to listening area. That was using SDA1C speakers.
    Randy/Maine
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited January 2021
    Those replicated stands look fantastic, I havent read the whole thread, how many pairs do you need to make a run? It took me a couple of years to find a pair of OEM stands they are not easy to find.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • boston1450 wrote: »
    So are the tweeters above your head now ?
    No. All three are even and at ear level.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited January 2021
    I would have made the stands the same width as the CRS’s, looks better IMO.. Still look great though..