Prototype fun!

Playing around!

77dyn90sw4wh.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    W O W ! Way cool!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited January 2021
    I like it when you get bord 😉
    Is that 3d printer stuff?
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Thank you!

This is laser printed delrin
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    VR3 wrote: »
    This is laser printed delrin
    Well What'ya know about that?

I didn't know you could do that. Any concerns with heat at the ends of the resistors?

• VR3
    Yes sir, been fun to play with haha

No heat build up that I have seen. Actually have seen improved cooling with the resistor having air on all sides and nothing around it
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Are those for me? :p
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    Hehe, no I'm waiting on some nuts for you! Haha forgot all about having to order wbt nuts for the posts to work
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Rookie mistake :D
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    jdjohn wrote: »

I don't know, it you're more nuts than he originally thought then you're pretty nutty....
  • VR3
    jdjohn wrote: »

True words my friend! Haha
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Erector Set for adults. You kids will never grow up hehe. Too cool.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,135
    Crossover Art
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • VR3
    MO prototype fun

8uh6iabqn9zc.jpg
    egos6bfrgiyk.jpg
    xprj5nent2vy.jpg
  • VR3
    Haha, I really was trying to think of a way to secure it without taking away from the design of the inductor, it is a striking design in person given its size and weight
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Nice way to showcase it for sure. Quite often, thinking outside the box, per se, pays off.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    edited February 2021
    Fun continues!

ef64gtb5rgft.jpg
    9r9uhhva3zb7.jpg

Post edited by VR3 on
  • VR3
    Thank you for the kind words!

Maybe one day, life is just to crazy and I'm lacking tools and space to do to that type of production. But I do plan to have a shop built at some point and at that point I could see dabbling into such endeavors! When I had access to a wood shop I was building as many speaker cabinets as I could haha!

1yy6zd52x8q6.jpg