New Year's DIY Karma!

DaveHo
DaveHo Posts: 3,471
edited January 2021 in The Clubhouse
I don't know what it's like where you live, but around here, the dry winter months can generate enough static electricity to shock my gear into confusion. A couple of years ago, I built a simple device which connects to an outlet cover screw to dissipate the charge. Just place it near your equipment rack and touch it prior to your gear. Very useful with turntables and microprosser equipped gear.

I can paint or stain it any color as long as it's black. :) Let me know what wire length you need and I'll cut and terminate it with a spade designed to fit under an outlet cover screw.

Polkies with 100 or more posts only. Say in and a number between 1-100. Winner selected by random number generator on Jan 10th.

Hope you find this as useful as I do.

fepbmpaa5pih.jpg
3jo4jyor4pkr.jpg

Comments

• DaveHo
    And to give you an idea of scale, the puck is 2.5" in diameter. The gold plated piece is actually a Paradigm speaker footer from a pair of studio 100's I owned years ago.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Woah.....where are you getting the black paint from?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Cool. B)

In like Flint with #11
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • DaveHo
    Yay, somebody is interested! Sure you can just touch a light switch cover or something, but this is a whole lot more convenient to place. Though I made it a point to connect it to an outlet cover on a different circuit than my gear.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Nice! I missed the original post, but I'm in (like Flynn ;)) with 84.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • DaveHo
    Last call. Since the number interested is low, I will throw names into a hat and pick one at 4pm est.
  • DaveHo
    @Tony M congrats! Send me your address and let me know how long to make the wire. I can leave the wood natural or stain/paint it. Let me know. I have a variety of stains or paint colors. The wood is a piece of maple if you just want me to leave it untouched.
  • DaveHo
    Hey @Tony M ! Haven't heard from you. I see you haven't been on the forum since the 8th. Hope all is well.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I took a short break and all is well.

I received the Anti-Static Puck today and what a piece of ART. This is one classy audio system companion.

The WEIGHT and 1st class fit and finish is outstanding. I now see there's a lot of work put into building this device.

I wish everybody could see these up close and in person. ;)

Thanks again Dave, for offering this classy device out as a karma. <3

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.