RT2000i Crossover Help

HI everyone,
I got a pair of RT2000i over a year ago, and it was supposed to be 'working fine'.
I'd move house so didn't use them till now and when I plugged them in, 1 of the amps was not working. Took it to a repairer who told me it was simply a blown fuse. He'd replaced the fuse and amp is working.
I plugged them both the highs and mids were very low ... so low I thought the drivers weren't working.
Turns out the XO was blown up something bad!
I am unable to find the XO diagram for the 2000i (I have one for the 2000P).
I can work out the values of capacitors and resistors ok, and I'm pretty sure I can reuse the board as well with some surgery. I just don't know the values of the chokes/inductors.
One of them look ok to me, and the other one looks burnt to hell. I don't know how to measure them to see if they are good or not, and really, I just want to replace it.

Does someone have a diagram? Or know the values of the chokes? Or know how I can check/measure them to see if they are any good?

I've only taken 1 XO out, but I suspect the other one is the same as that too is very quiet.

eya8vqcxp8uc.jpg

zfchbwnid4y7.jpg

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    The other speaker has a good crossover?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • puunda
    puunda Posts: 116
    VR3 wrote: »
    The other speaker has a good crossover?

No. It is also burned like this one.
    Looks like on both the 10W 12Ohm resistor burned up and cause a lot of damage to the board. It's almost not worth keeping the board, as it's more or less burned right through underneath the resistor.

The caps actually all measured at the right values, but I will replace all the caps and resistors.
    Hoping the chokes are ok as I don't know what values they are to replace
  • puunda
    I have changed all the resistors and capacitors on the board, but the sound is very very faint. Looks like both chokes are faulty as well ... this means every single component was damaged on the board ... didn't know that was possible ... guessing they must've suffered some serious abuse.
    I am unable to replace the chokes as I don't know the values.
    I have emailed Polk, but have got no reply.
    Can anyone help with finding the choke values?
  • VR3
    Are you using the board in the picture?? The one fried and bubbled up?

That thing is toast man, you need to go point to point and throw that board away!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • puunda
    I have used epoxy to repair the board, and have checked all connections and they are fine.
    I could use a piece of wood and connect the components point to point, but connection isn't the problem. The problem is the chokes are dead and I don't know the values to replace them with.
    So far Polk has still not replied to my email yet
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Time to punt.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• puunda
    F1nut wrote: »
    Time to punt.
    I've looked it up but don't quite understand the metaphor.
    Do you mean give up?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Yes
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• puunda
    Give up on finding what values the chokes are?
    Give up on the board?
    Give up trying to fix the speaker all together?
  • VR3
    The rt2000p crossover can maybe provide clues, may even be the same

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/attachments/4/6/7/2/8/18721.pdf
  • Look on ebay for crossovers. There are some.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • puunda
    VR3 wrote: »
    The rt2000p crossover can maybe provide clues, may even be the same
    I have had a look, and they seem to be different.
    Look on ebay for crossovers. There are some.
    I have had a look, and there is currently no XO for the RT2000i. My problem is that I am in Australia, and even if they are available on eBay, shipping would be a killer.

It's just annoying both XO have died so I can't measure the values on the good one.
  • puunda
    Finally got a reply from Polk.
    Originally they sent me the XO for the RT2000P. I told them they are not the same.
    Eventually they sent me the correct XO schematic.
    The choke values are 0.2mH and 0.85mH.
    The 0.85mH is fine. I just need to replace the 0.2mH, but the closet I can find os 0.22mH, which I'm sure will be fine.
  • Very inspiring thread, hopefully i can salvage my 2000is.

Puunda, im trying to rebuild & upgrade the XO's for my pair of 2000i's ; could you point me in the right direction of the specs/schems?

if i use the L/R preouts instead of the 2 sub preouts for my sub input will that net a more accurate stereo field for sub freqs? do the tower line inputs have a XO built in to LPF the correct freqs?