RTi A3 & PSW111 Questions

I just signed up for this Forum so be kind... :)

I have a Yamaha R-S202 stereo 2.0 receiver and a set of RTi A3 speakers. Music (classical and 60s-70s folk and rock vinyl) mostly. Also use the BT capabilities of this receiver. I was gifted a lightly-used PSW111 subwoofer last month. Yamaha has no subwoofer connection so am using high level speaker I/O. I'm curious how I should set the crossover and output on the sub. And will phase make any difference? Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Club Polk!
    I look at the low frequency response of the speakers (50Hz in this case) and double that number (100Hz) to get an idea of what the upper frequency that the subwoofer should produce. So, begin with the low pass filter, on the subwoofer, set at 100Hz. For the volume level of the subwoofer, the Polks are fairly efficient so try setting the subwoofer at the 9:00 or 10:00 o'clock position. The idea is to have the subwoofer set so that anyone not familiar with your system would not suspect there's one being played. When the sub can be heard as a separate sound source it's too loud.
  • thanks. I'm not too thrilled with this sub, and am returning it to amazon to look for a better alternative. looking at kef kube 8b and martin logan dynamo 8.
  • You're welcome. Enjoy!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    You're returning a gifted used sub to Amazon?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    Nightfall wrote: »
    You're returning a gifted used sub to Amazon?

That takes some gall, doesn't it!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited January 2021
    How do you even return a product that someone else gave you that was already used when you got it and bought from who knows where to Amazon though?

I think I'm going to return this Velodyne to Amazon so I can get the full MSRP back and double my money, I'll let you know how it goes.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk